West TN Teams

BallIsLife1

No idea what kind of talent South Gibson has for their new coach to work with. I watched her teams play a lot over the last few years in Summertown and at Columbia Academy a couple years before she got to Summertown. She does a good job and I expect she’ll be successful at South Gibson eventually.
That Said, I don’t see anybody in AAA challenging South Side until they get to the state tournament. I saw them this summer. They’re skilled, fast and well coached. 

Southside is so fast, well-coached, and they press all night with athletes that can go 10 deep!!  I'm glad we are out of that district.  Southside should be one of the favorites to win it all.  I saw South Gibson this summer.  They are solid, but a few years away from the Southside level.  To match Southside's pressure, you have to have several guards and multiple shooters.

yeah. nobody in West TN will be able to deal with South Side in 3A. Westview in 2A with Gibson County along with Huntingdon and they are all in the same district... crazy.  a very good team will not make it to the substate game because the teams that go to a region championship in that district will go to a state tournament. Single A is McKenzie hands down. nobody is going to be able to handle them in West TN 1A.

Hope the new South Gibson coach is ready for 3A...  

6 minutes ago, WhereYouAt said:

yeah. nobody in West TN will be able to deal with South Side in 3A. Westview in 2A with Gibson County along with Huntingdon and they are all in the same district... crazy.  a very good team will not make it to the substate game because the teams that go to a region championship in that district will go to a state tournament. Single A is McKenzie hands down. nobody is going to be able to handle them in West TN 1A.

Hope the new South Gibson coach is ready for 3A...  

I cant wait to see the matchups in 2A. Westview and Gibson Co will be sold out.

8 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I cant wait to see the matchups in 2A. Westview and Gibson Co will be sold out.

I will say this. Whoever plays Gibson County better be ready to get hit in the mouth for four quarters. They are deep and they have had a great off season and summer, something that they needed last year bad.

• Like 1

In 1A if McKenzie doesn't bring home a gold ball, it's a disappointment. Loaded at every position on the floor. They will get tested early with matchups against Gibson County, Greenfield and TCA. Greenfield and Gleason will be good too. But McKenzie is on another level. 

In 2A Westview and Gibson County should be the clear cut favorites. Talented superstars, with strong supporting casts. State championship should be the goal here.

3A is South Side, barring major injuries they will be in Murfreesboro. I think Hardin County potentially may be that second team, OR it could be McNairy or South Gibson.

Dyersburg is probably a year away from a serious run. Fayette-Ware is the team to watch. Talented on paper, can they finally put the pieces together. Two games against South Side and Bartlett before the new year will show if they are ready to be a state tourney team or just a good regular season story.

I will have to catch a Fayette Ware game to see just how good they are. I have heard they are really talented and have a kid that has a couple offers. Maybe they replace Covington and being the team to keep South Side from taking that trip across the river. South Side has been loaded for years now with only one appearance. Injuries seem to have been more of the issue than opponents. Is the Jelks girl playing or not? What do they have coming back?

On 11/3/2021 at 12:42 PM, BallIsLife1 said:

Who is the best team in the area?

I saw the local newspaper mentioned Summertown's former coach and her new team. I thought that was interesting. Where are the guys on here from South Side, how are you guys looking?

Hello! We will be decent! Barring no injuries(which the past few years haven’t been to promising) we will be very good & young! With our great coach McNeal & Comer will get the best from his ladies! 

Edited by HawkGuy06