West TN Teams

BallIsLife1

55 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

McKenzie defeated Geeenfield last night 51 to 41, I think. Anyone go to the game?  I couldn’t due to middle school basketball. 

Neither team seemed to be clicking on offense. Close game till the 4th quarter. Little Darby went down in the 3rd with an ankle and didn't come back. She's most of Greenfields offense. Both teams played exceptional defense. Lady Rebels have depth problems. They gonna have to play very carefully.

On 11/18/2021 at 12:04 AM, ReitzFan said:

TCA returns all but one player from last year's first round state tournament team. To me, they easily have the toughest non-district schedule in West Tennessee.

Two games against Greenfield

One game each against South Side, Gibson County, and McKenzie.

They may come out of those games battered and bruised, but they will be a force in region play and beyond.

I'll throw someone else out there. Bolivar Central. Apparently the new coach can really coach. 25 point victory over Haywood at Haywood in their debut. They play Fayette Ware twice, Southside twice, Hardin County twice, and Chester County Twice in non district, all AAA schools.

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Neither team seemed to be clicking on offense. Close game till the 4th quarter. Little Darby went down in the 3rd with an ankle and didn't come back. She's most of Greenfields offense. Both teams played exceptional defense. Lady Rebels have depth problems. They gonna have to play very carefully.

Agree -my assessment as well. Darby was starting heat up right before she went down definitely made a difference in the outcome of the game ( Jackets down only 4 when she went out . ) Davis for McKenzie appears to be in  mid-season form already and seemed to score at will she had 25. The Jackets battled without their leader on the floor but the Rebel press became too much for the Jackets to handle in the 4th quarter as the Rebels pulled away. I agree the Rebels are not as deep but I don't think careful is in their vocabulary. That press is suffocating and I don't see them backing off it .

11 minutes ago, GTG901 said:

Agree -my assessment as well. Darby was starting heat up right before she went down definitely made a difference in the outcome of the game ( Jackets down only 4 when she went out . ) Davis for McKenzie appears to be in  mid-season form already and seemed to score at will she had 25. The Jackets battled without their leader on the floor but the Rebel press became too much for the Jackets to handle in the 4th quarter as the Rebels pulled away. I agree the Rebels are not as deep but I don't think careful is in their vocabulary. That press is suffocating and I don't see them backing off it .

Did the transfer from USJ play for Greenfield?? She wasn’t on the floor at Gibson County in the play day that I saw. Sounds like Greenfield held their own and played a lot of the second half without Edie.

40 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Did the transfer from USJ play for Greenfield?? She wasn’t on the floor at Gibson County in the play day that I saw. Sounds like Greenfield held their own and played a lot of the second half without Edie.

Yes she played. Greenfield did not get it into the post like I thought they might.  Next time these two play I expect a much higher scoring game as they both will have knocked some rust off. This one was a little sloppy at times as you might expect a first game of the year to be.

On 11/18/2021 at 10:57 PM, TryNotToSuck said:

It’s going to take me a while to figure out which region is which, and what teams are classified. Yes, we’re going to get more teams in Murfreesboro, that’s not a surprise. Going to Murfreesboro is an accomplishment to some, but not as big of an accomplishment as previous years. The road to Murfreesboro is much easier. 
South Side and South Gibson will cruise through that district. The district tournament will basically be pointless. For those two teams, I don’t care if they drop a game here and there because their season begins in March. Hopefully Ken Northcutt can bring stability into his program, but that’s it. The Lady Indians aren’t close to competing with them. Liberty also has a new coach and he will be coaching boys and girls team (which I’m not a fan of). 
Best rivalry: I’m going to be looking to see what will happen between Dyersburg/Dyer County this season.

However, I’m going to be really interesting to watch the battle between Gibson County/Westview/Huntingdon all season. Of all the teams in West Tennessee, I believe Gibson County has the best chance to win a state title.

I can see these following teams make it to Murfreesboro: Greenfield, McKenzie, and Dresden in 1A (Peabody outside looking in). Gibson County, Riverside, and Scott’s Hill in 2A (Mitchell outside looking in). South Side, South Gibson, Covington, and Munford/Dyer County in 3A. Arlington will probably be my 4A favorite.

I did that assuming the previous playoff format hasn’t changed just because we went to 4 classifications now. I don’t like the 4 classification thing. But I’m sure the TSSAA and the economic development personnel in Murfreesboro will disagree with me.

Switch Fayette Ware, and Covington 

10 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Fayette Ware I heard is the real deal. You coming to GC/South Side Friday Night??

Fayette Ware is legit! Covington lost everybody so that’s why on say switch them. I hate it but I will be out of town. I found out too late to change my arrangements. I am not happy about missing us & GC & TCA. 

21 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Fayette Ware is legit! Covington lost everybody so that’s why on say switch them. I hate it but I will be out of town. I found out too late to change my arrangements. I am not happy about missing us & GC & TCA. 

Hate your going to miss it. Will be another war I am sure. GC South Side has had some really great games throughout the years with both sides winning games.

Was really disappointed Darby didn’t play last night.   But I’m not sure it would have mattered much.  GC was a buzz saw.   They are active defensively and the hart girls are gonna be better than most players they are on the floor with.  What might catch up to them is shooting the ball.  They struggled pretty bad from outside last night ( and still won by 40).  

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Was really disappointed Darby didn’t play last night.   But I’m not sure it would have mattered much.  GC was a buzz saw.   They are active defensively and the hart girls are gonna be better than most players they are on the floor with.  What might catch up to them is shooting the ball.  They struggled pretty bad from outside last night ( and still won by 40).  

I agree. GC didn’t shoot the three ball well at all but Greenfield couldn’t handle their pressure and didn’t have any one to guard Madison. Greenfield will learn from this game though. Edie has been handling that pressure and it was good for some younger girls to get some minutes. Greenfield will learn from this and be a major force in Single A. Gibson County is just so much more conditioned and plays so much better defense this year. Proud of GC beating a good Greenfield team and I wish Edie the best in getting healed up.