West TN Teams

BallIsLife1

2 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

You’re not gonna watch a more competitive girls game in November than GC South Side last night.   For GC to fight back and win that one against the athleticism and defense south side was throwing at them says a lot about their fight.  Neither of these teams are gonna lose many games this year.  How did the South Side TCA game end up? 

Southside 65-50.  Much closer than score.  TCA lead by 2 after 1 and SS led 24-20 at half.  TCA had 1 to foul out and three others with 4 fouls so it really limited them.  SS is a really good team and will go a long way this year.   Good luck to the Lady Hawks!

3 hours ago, GlassHouseBound said:

You’re not gonna watch a more competitive girls game in November than GC South Side last night.   For GC to fight back and win that one against the athleticism and defense south side was throwing at them says a lot about their fight.  Neither of these teams are gonna lose many games this year.  How did the South Side TCA game end up? 

I love playing Gibson County! Look out AA is all I will say! Best AA program in the state! Class act! 

9 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side was the more physical and quicker team all night, but our girls kept battling and pulled it out. They did to us what we like to do to other teams. Micah put the team on her shoulders in the 4th quarter and we won but we were very fortunate. Both teams will be in every game they play until the buzzer because both teams play really good defense. Our coach will not be happy at the rebounding numbers and the 50/50 balls. South Side won that battle for sure. I do think both teams will learn from this battle. Both teams have a shot to win it all for sure. One thing is for sure when these two play. It will be undecided until the buzzer. This is one of the best games in the state every time we play each other. These two teams go way back even in summer ball and both throw zones out the window and both press and just goes at it for four quarters. Good luck to South Side the rest of the way. Great program and very well coached.

I said that we haven’t been playing to well the last few games, but the competition was that great either. I said Gibson County will tell it all. I said we would split on the 2 teams in GC & TCA. I knew GC is very well coached & have the Hart sisters(which I love to watch) we will only get better from this game & take it to the next level. I know it was a lot to learn from both teams, especially this early in the year. Not too bad from neither program! This is one of my favorite games of the year every year! Last 3 or 4 years no game we have play have been won by more than 5 points on either side! Great fans and great atmosphere! 

20 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I love playing Gibson County! Look out AA is all I will say! Best AA program in the state! Class act! 

I feel good about our chances too, but we're not dismissing WV up there either. No one goes 9 times in a row because they're just lucky and they're loaded too. Thanks for the compliment though, but these rankings and records dont really matter until March. Let's keep both of our programs rollin' and getting better. 

2 hours ago, Intense said:

Southside 65-50.  Much closer than score.  TCA lead by 2 after 1 and SS led 24-20 at half.  TCA had 1 to foul out and three others with 4 fouls so it really limited them.  SS is a really good team and will go a long way this year.   Good luck to the Lady Hawks!

I agree. TCA played them tough. Just thought the South Side depth and pressure took its toll in the second half. TCA is a good team and would be even better if they had more presence in the paint.

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

I feel good about our chances too, but we're not dismissing WV up there either. No one goes 9 times in a row because they're just lucky and they're loaded too. Thanks for the compliment though, but these rankings and records dont really matter until March. Let's keep both of our programs rollin' and getting better. 

Yea that is true! WV is impressive as well. Yea we all know rankings is just a number in front of a team name. Just mean anything if you don’t get 1% better each day! The only number that matters is that final #1 spot in March! Good luck to y’all 

On 11/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, GlassHouseBound said:

It was a war at Gibson County tonight between Gibson Co and South Side.  GC jumped up early.  South side then settled in and led by 7 at end of 3rd.    Fourth quarter was a lot of fun.   South side is deep and very athletic.  Well coached as well.   They had Madison Hart frustrated with a well evicted game plan. Difference in the game was Gibson co had Micah Hart and South side didn’t. Would love to know how many she had in the 4th qtr.   

Congratulations to the GC Lady Pioneers. Top notch tournament produced. The SS/GC game was a thriller. Best of luck in 21-22!

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

7 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

When the classifications changed this year, I made my predictions. GC will beat Westview at least once. GC and Westview goes to Murfreesboro with Huntingdon being the odd man out.

8 hours ago, HereComesTheCloser said:

Congratulations to the GC Lady Pioneers. Top notch tournament produced. The SS/GC game was a thriller. Best of luck in 21-22!

#HawkNation

#HereComesTheCloser

Playing South Side is always great for Gibson County win or lose. That is a game I think that helps both teams moving forward every year. Westview will be tough no doubt. We are just playing one game at a time. It is a marathon for sure and not a sprint to Murfreesboro. 

Edited by pioneer42

8 hours ago, BallIsLife1 said:

When the classifications changed this year, I made my predictions. GC will beat Westview at least once. GC and Westview goes to Murfreesboro with Huntingdon being the odd man out.

Yeah the Fillies are probably fighting for 3rd in the district. Fillies are still a young team, no seniors. Got some talent, our young post had 34 against Camden Tues night. I think shes going to be special. Very long. If we can play a little more disciplined we are capable of upsetting some good teams. We are very deep squad with a lot of fouls to give. Got McKenzie Tues night at home. Going to be interesting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Yeah the Fillies are probably fighting for 3rd in the district. Fillies are still a young team, no seniors. Got some talent, our young post had 34 against Camden Tues night. I think shes going to be special. Very long. If we can play a little more disciplined we are capable of upsetting some good teams. We are very deep squad with a lot of fouls to give. Got McKenzie Tues night at home. Going to be interesting.

Very impressed with the balanced post combo yall have with Singleton and Kee.. Sophie has shown this year that she is more aggressive in driving to the basket which makes her a even dangerous player. I think the score will be closer on Tuesday than most people expect.