West TN Teams

BallIsLife1

On 11/4/2021 at 11:03 AM, YouAlreadyKnow said:

Jackson South Side is the favorite in West TN 3A. Not sure about the Summertown coach and South Gibson. 3A different than 1A. No idea what she has to work with at South Gibson but being in district with South Side it won't take us long to find out.  South Side girls are built different

I love it! We will welcome her to 3A! 

44 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

I will have to catch a Fayette Ware game to see just how good they are. I have heard they are really talented and have a kid that has a couple offers. Maybe they replace Covington and being the team to keep South Side from taking that trip across the river. South Side has been loaded for years now with only one appearance. Injuries seem to have been more of the issue than opponents. Is the Jelks girl playing or not? What do they have coming back?

FW will be good & very fast! If they add a shooter to their roster, FW will be good come tournament time. 

9 hours ago, HawkGuy06 said:

I can’t wait to see y’all this year! 

South Side will be loaded. Hate that Currie-Jelks will be out, but they still have a good post and I think the kid that played at USJ last year in Jr. High will be there as well. South Side and Gibson County play in the Thanksgiving Tournament at GC this year. Can’t wait to watch these two tie up. This is my favorite matchup every year. Win or lose it is great for both teams. 

Edited by pioneer42

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

South Side will be loaded. Hate that Currie-Jelks will be out, but they still have a good post and I think the kid that played at USJ last year in Jr. High will be there as well. South Side and Gibson County play in the Thanksgiving Tournament at GC this year. Can’t wait to watch these two tie up. This is my favorite matchup every year. Win or lose it is great for both teams. 

I love to chat with you! You always knows your stuff. I will not speak on her but boy look out! We have had our share of problems the last few years. Hopefully we will finally be at full strength, one day it will happen. I hope anyways. Our coaches & our girls deserve it! November 26 I can’t to play in y’all’s tournament 

On 11/9/2021 at 10:41 AM, HawkGuy06 said:

I can’t wait to see y’all this year! 

40 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Careful what you wish for...it'll take her a while, but if she is allowed to control the program there as she likes, SG will be a force in a couple or three years.

Tradertwo you are exactly right. I doubt they beat South Side this year, but South Gibson played at our play day yesterday and they looked really good. They are playing super fast and really getting after it and players have bought in. They are a big school and the real estate market is top notch and once they see her style players will start showing up to play ball. They have been a sleeping giant and have the ingredients to be a big time powerhouse. South Side is my pick to win their district, but they better be ready as Gibson County  better be too because we play them twice. 

On 11/14/2021 at 8:06 PM, tradertwo said:

Careful what you wish for...it'll take her a while, but if she is allowed to control the program there as she likes, SG will be a force in a couple or three years.

Oh I ain’t wish for anything! I said we will welcome her 2 3A. I never said we will win but win, lose, or draw we will play hard. 

TCA returns all but one player from last year's first round state tournament team. To me, they easily have the toughest non-district schedule in West Tennessee.

Two games against Greenfield

One game each against South Side, Gibson County, and McKenzie.

They may come out of those games battered and bruised, but they will be a force in region play and beyond.

Edited by ReitzFan

8 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

TCA returns all but one player from last year's first round state tournament team. To me, they easily have the toughest non-district schedule in West Tennessee.

Two games against Greenfield

One game each against South Side, Gibson County, and McKenzie.

They may come out of those games battered and bruised, but they will be a force in region play and beyond.

Look forward to TCA vs GC. This is the hardest overall schedule GC has had in several years. 

It’s going to take me a while to figure out which region is which, and what teams are classified. Yes, we’re going to get more teams in Murfreesboro, that’s not a surprise. Going to Murfreesboro is an accomplishment to some, but not as big of an accomplishment as previous years. The road to Murfreesboro is much easier. 
South Side and South Gibson will cruise through that district. The district tournament will basically be pointless. For those two teams, I don’t care if they drop a game here and there because their season begins in March. Hopefully Ken Northcutt can bring stability into his program, but that’s it. The Lady Indians aren’t close to competing with them. Liberty also has a new coach and he will be coaching boys and girls team (which I’m not a fan of). 
Best rivalry: I’m going to be looking to see what will happen between Dyersburg/Dyer County this season.

However, I’m going to be really interesting to watch the battle between Gibson County/Westview/Huntingdon all season. Of all the teams in West Tennessee, I believe Gibson County has the best chance to win a state title.

I can see these following teams make it to Murfreesboro: Greenfield, McKenzie, and Dresden in 1A (Peabody outside looking in). Gibson County, Riverside, and Scott’s Hill in 2A (Mitchell outside looking in). South Side, South Gibson, Covington, and Munford/Dyer County in 3A. Arlington will probably be my 4A favorite.

I did that assuming the previous playoff format hasn’t changed just because we went to 4 classifications now. I don’t like the 4 classification thing. But I’m sure the TSSAA and the economic development personnel in Murfreesboro will disagree with me.