2021 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Semifinalists

GTG901

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

I have to disagree friend, Ty embodies what a Mr Football should be , he is more than stats and a Bama commit , he is the leader of his team, works in his community and is a good humble kid ! He is a great person at that ! 

? If he is all that why is it that the only reason he considered Tennessee is because Pruitt was going to hire his dad.

33 minutes ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

You mean your qb hasn't?  Isn't that carrol? I figure he has the best numbers on the team

You know the answer to that. You hit me with that pose a while back. Carroll ran it 28 times against your Warriors.

Tyner shut him down however in the run game and pass game. I dont think he had 30 yards passing or 40 yards rushing. If i had to guess I would say he had 20 to 25 rushes to get those yards and Tyner made him earn them and a lot of times he lost yards.

Huckaby however won us that game. He dropped two punts down inside the 5. One from outside the 50 on the 1 yard line. Another down to the 3 yard line. Then he ran a huge punt back from midfield down to around the 10 and with a late hit it got spotted near the 5 and Carroll punched it in. He also had the trick play where he caught the little swing pass and hit Shaver for a 60 yard bomb in full stride for a touchdown after halftime and losing to Tyner at the time. 

He has done this all year. He has done this for three years. Big catches, interceptions for touchdowns, huge punts to change field position, tons of yards after the catch, and a lot of stripped balls for fumbles. 

He might only get several touches a game as compared to Carrolls' 30 but they are just as valuable.

Good luck with Westmoreland. 

I would like to see a rematch in Decatur

I’m thinking Simpson wins it in 2A.  In 1A as much as I want to say Taylor I’m thinking Ganaway gets it this year and then Taylor next year if he has another great season.  

From a homer standpoint though I hope Kelly gets it in 1A.  He may not have the best stats but we spread the ball around a lot.  He has the talent, the grades, and the leadership abilities.  

Edited by PiRaTe._.MiKe

1 hour ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

You and me both.  I will be able to tell you after watching tomorrow whether I think that matchup will take place.  Yall will hold up your end for sure.

i would really like to see you guys healthy at QB. I know how it feels having a QB go down. Especially one of that caliber. I watched a couple of your guys games and he was electric. I have always said what I feel on here. A lot of the Meigs fans don't agree with it sometimes. A lot of the other fans seem to take offense but its just football talk and messing around. 

i have always pointed out Meigs is weak at pass defense and teams that throw it have better success. I have noted that at times our play calling gets a little overkill and simple to predict. Tyner had no problem picking up on it. They stopped the run and in obvious passing downs made the plays they needed. We only threw it maybe a couple of times and it was either intercepted or incomplete. Look at the difference in the passing game against Marion when we were able to run the ball first. 

Every one was saying you guys would beat us but I was saying Tyner is a different type of game. I knew it would be difficult to go to Marion and win but I thought because of the type of offense you guys run we had a chance. I thought it could go either way honestly. Unfortunate it went down like that but our guys showed up and played a heck of a ballgame that night. 

I don't know if you were able to watch the Tyner/Meigs game but if you did then I think you would understand why a lot of folks was picking Marion. 

I do hope all our Region 3 teams fare well. I especially hope Marion's QB comes back full strength. 

I know Marion County would like to play Tyner or TC and host the game and they have more humble and courteous posters as you had mentioned as one of the reasons you wanted them to put a whipping on Meigs so I will not take any offense  to that. Sorry about that. 

Hope to see you in a couple weeks