2021 Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Semifinalists

GTG901

7 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

You mean your qb hasn't?  Isn't that carrol? I figure he has the best numbers on the team

Correct. We don't play every game like we did against you all. We would have silly scores if we did. We always play to win, but we don't always put the ball in money players hands or use money plays against  teams that don't really challenge us.

8 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

You know the answer to that. You hit me with that pose a while back. Carroll ran it 28 times against your Warriors.

Tyner shut him down however in the run game and pass game. I dont think he had 30 yards passing or 40 yards rushing. If i had to guess I would say he had 20 to 25 rushes to get those yards and Tyner made him earn them and a lot of times he lost yards.

Huckaby however won us that game. He dropped two punts down inside the 5. One from outside the 50 on the 1 yard line. Another down to the 3 yard line. Then he ran a huge punt back from midfield down to around the 10 and with a late hit it got spotted near the 5 and Carroll punched it in. He also had the trick play where he caught the little swing pass and hit Shaver for a 60 yard bomb in full stride for a touchdown after halftime and losing to Tyner at the time. 

He has done this all year. He has done this for three years. Big catches, interceptions for touchdowns, huge punts to change field position, tons of yards after the catch, and a lot of stripped balls for fumbles. 

He might only get several touches a game as compared to Carrolls' 30 but they are just as valuable.

Good luck with Westmoreland. 

I would like to see a rematch in Decatur

Huge catch as a soph against Trousdale where he broke his foot. Missed state title game. Has worked very hard to get where he is. Congrats

1 hour ago, Cashmeout said:

Huge catch as a soph against Trousdale where he broke his foot. Missed state title game. Has worked very hard to get where he is. Congrats

Yes I believe that was on third and long and set up our final score to take the lead late in the game.

About a 40 yard pass Swafford threw up and he just went up and grabbed over a couple TC defenders. 

I feel again if he was available that year the next game we had a great shot at bringing home the title.

Meigs has had some bad luck with high caliber athletes going down at terrible times. (Martin Smith, Swafford, Beeler, Key, Huckaby)

Injuries are a part of the game though.

I feel bad for Marion. I hope their QB is ready to go and fully healthy tonight.

I still believe those injuries don't happen right there at the end to Swafford, Huckaby and Smith we possibly would have had two state championships by now.

53 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Yes I believe that was on third and long and set up our final score to take the lead late in the game.

About a 40 yard pass Swafford threw up and he just went up and grabbed over a couple TC defenders. 

I feel again if he was available that year the next game we had a great shot at bringing home the title.

Meigs has had some bad luck with high caliber athletes going down at terrible times. (Martin Smith, Swafford, Beeler, Key, Huckaby)

Injuries are a part of the game though.

I feel bad for Marion. I hope their QB is ready to go and fully healthy tonight.

I still believe those injuries don't happen right there at the end to Swafford, Huckaby and Smith we possibly would have had two state championships by now.

Gotta call you out in the “still  believe” we played you with injuries as well our Stud Running back had a strained MCL, man go get y’all a Gold Ball I like y’all’s staff and you always have classy kids playing but the shoulda coulda woulda is a bit much ! 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Gotta call you out in the “still  believe” we played you with injuries as well our Stud Running back had a strained MCL, man go get y’all a Gold Ball I like y’all’s staff and you always have classy kids playing but the shoulda coulda woulda is a bit much ! 

Come on man. The kid from Westview has got this wrapped up. Let us relive our glory days here in Meigs. 

When I say if I remember it's because I do remember but I might get it mixed up by like it was 3rd down and 6 rather than 8. Did get it a little wrong.

It was Huckaby's biggest play at Meigs and just a sophomore. Huge catch to set us up to take the lead late 4th quarter down to a perennial state championship team.

I had to dig through the annals for you Mr. PRIDE. Even found some of Yeti's best work. 2019 Meigs highlight film. One section of highlights is set to "This is how we do it" by none other than the one and only Montell Jordan. My favorite part by the way.

It was tied 14 to 14. Late 4th quarter 5 minutes to go. It was 3rd and 14 and Huckaby went up to grab a deep ball thrown by Swafford. He went up over # 4 and #14 from TC and another guy was nearby to highpoint the ball and came down with the ball, a 46 yard reception and a broken leg.

Swaffored punched it in and scored the 2 point conversion.  TC did drive it down and score but Meigs did stood tall and TC's 2 point attempt was denied. Meigs escaped with a 22 to 20 victory thanks to the fine exploits of Huckaby and his broken leg and that amazing catch that will live on in Meigs Couny history. 

Is that better Mr. PRIDE.

Don't make us look bad either. You all need to win that 1A. Close games against Westview and let's not mention that Huntington game has got all these 2A teams on this side of the river running scared.

18 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

Come on man. The kid from Westview has got this wrapped up. Let us relive our glory days here in Meigs. 

When I say if I remember it's because I do remember but I might get it mixed up by like it was 3rd down and 6 rather than 8. Did get it a little wrong.

It was Huckaby's biggest play at Meigs and just a sophomore. Huge catch to set us up to take the lead late 4th quarter down to a perennial state championship team.

I had to dig through the annals for you Mr. PRIDE. Even found some of Yeti's best work. 2019 Meigs highlight film. One section of highlights is set to "This is how we do it" by none other than the one and only Montell Jordan. My favorite part by the way.

It was tied 14 to 14. Late 4th quarter 5 minutes to go. It was 3rd and 14 and Huckaby went up to grab a deep ball thrown by Swafford. He went up over # 4 and #14 from TC and another guy was nearby to highpoint the ball and came down with the ball, a 46 yard reception and a broken leg.

Swaffored punched it in and scored the 2 point conversion.  TC did drive it down and score but Meigs did stood tall and TC's 2 point attempt was denied. Meigs escaped with a 22 to 20 victory thanks to the fine exploits of Huckaby and his broken leg and that amazing catch that will live on in Meigs Couny history. 

Don't make us look bad either. You all need to win that 1A. Close games against Westview and let's not mention that Huntington game has got all these 2A teams on this side of the river running scared.

The East 2a teams should be scared. Simpson is legit and he has the support around him that he hadn’t had the last 2-3 years. If Huntingdon has no turnovers and they play their game really hard to stop best blocking I’ve ever seen 

20 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

The East 2a teams should be scared. Simpson is legit and he has the support around him that he hadn’t had the last 2-3 years. If Huntingdon has no turnovers and they play their game really hard to stop best blocking I’ve ever seen 

At least we get the benefit of homefield advantage and a short drive to Chattanooga if we make it. We got a long road to get there. Some good teams in the east as well. 

8 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

At least we get the benefit of homefield advantage and a short drive to Chattanooga if we make it. We got a long road to get there. Some good teams in the east as well. 

Yeah they should have the championship in Memphis after this contract is up. I’m not sure the ride matters peabody always stayed the night before the game but I’m not sure what other teams do. 

24 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Yeah they should have the championship in Memphis after this contract is up. I’m not sure the ride matters peabody always stayed the night before the game but I’m not sure what other teams do. 

I enjoy making a trip of it. I know the team and boys sure do also. It's just less than an hour trip for us here at Meigs but If we are lucky enough to have another opportunity I will still probably make a weekend of it. 

I enjoy watching all the games and eating some good food. We only got a couple of options here in the Greater Decatur Metropolis.  

I'm not downgrading our fine dining establishments in Meigs County. We got a great local country place and Barbecue joint here. I even got connections and get priority seating with window views where I can watch the prisoners weedeat and mow the grounds of the courthouse. What could be better than that.

2 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

You did good friend “Peabody Pride” approves this post ! Like my stamp means a hill of beans but I enjoy a well thought out rebuttal !

Best of luck to you guys, I don’t know if you will win it all but I expect you boys to give it your all, never quit, and most importantly play with pride and class !!!!!

55 minutes ago, Tiger2 said:

I enjoy making a trip of it. I know the team and boys sure do also. It's just less than an hour trip for us here at Meigs but If we are lucky enough to have another opportunity I will still probably make a weekend of it. 

I enjoy watching all the games and eating some good food. We only got a couple of options here in the Greater Decatur Metropolis.  

I'm not downgrading our fine dining establishments in Meigs County. We got a great local country place and Barbecue joint here. I even got connections and get priority seating with window views where I can watch the prisoners weedeat and mow the grounds of the courthouse. What could be better than that.

The travel is always a big part of the fun !!! My favorite trips are to Lake county the food is second to none and the people show love and appreciate your dollars spent, lots of those communities in Tennessee that treat visitors like family ! To say we are blessed in our state would be a understatement