Homerun Hires

MidTennMilitia

3 hours ago, cbg said:

You are 100% on everything.  These people that continue to make excuses while having a losing program over the past 25+ years would be immediately terminated if they were in private business.  Only in government and education do people tolerate and reward losing results.

You are 100 % stupid. You act as if you have all the answers. You have zero knowledge of public  school systems and what coaches deal with. Your answers appear to be correct but will never happen and in most are so far out of possibility. Stick to your private world because private and public can not operate the same way. I think that is why private schools are in operation so they can do what they want. Also just for your info weathermen are often below 50% with their forecasts and baseball players are pain millions to have a 30 % batting average. Idiot.

4 hours ago, MidTennMilitia said:

I understand what you are saying.  My best friend is a current head coach at the High School level.  I know the daily issues that he deals with, and the amount of time away from his family.  I could see how it wears on people.  Many of the bleacher coaches and even the regular teachers inside of the school have no idea what it really takes to lead a program.  Nobody takes a job to go and suck at it.  Some know how to improve a program, some find out the hard way.  Many get in way over their heads.  I feel like the hardest thing would be to find jobs for guys that are willing to put in the time to make a program successful.  Also, you can't just hire any random person to coach.  My friend has vented to me many times that teaching jobs are often filled with individuals who have no intention on coaching.  Then, sometimes those folks are asked to coach by the admin, not a good situation.

Speaking as a former coach-Spot on post!

Scotty Dykes who’s currently at Cocke County would be an absolute steal! He was the OC at HVA with the Jones guy when they were building that program up. He’s had a couple of stints at other places but he knows how to win and has the college background as well. It’s a longshot but seeing him somewhere like Bearden would be ideal! They would not be a team to sleep on. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

Scotty Dykes who’s currently at Cocke County would be an absolute steal! He was the OC at HVA with the Jones guy when they were building that program up. He’s had a couple of stints at other places but he knows how to win and has the college background as well. It’s a longshot but seeing him somewhere like Bearden would be ideal! They would not be a team to sleep on. 

Like his offense and defense sleeps at Cocke Co?:roflol:

Edited by thefox

39 minutes ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

Does he have a teaching license? I thought you needed one to be an HC in Knox?

2 minutes ago, 5AfballFan said:

Does he have a teaching license? I thought you needed one to be an HC in Knox?

No, that is no longer the policy. Which makes me wonder why no one has yet scooped up Kevin Lane. He is the currently an assistant at West. He spent time as DC at West during their glory years before heading to Catholic. Excellent football coach.

3 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

No, that is no longer the policy. Which makes me wonder why no one has yet scooped up Kevin Lane. He is the currently an assistant at West. He spent time as DC at West during their glory years before heading to Catholic. Excellent football coach.

I don’t know much about Lane, but West’s defensive coordinator sure does a good job. I’d hate to see him leave West, but you can’t deny the defense has been better since Chandler took it on. 

1 minute ago, 5AfballFan said:

I don’t know much about Lane, but West’s defensive coordinator sure does a good job. I’d hate to see him leave West, but you can’t deny the defense has been better since Chandler took it on. 

Kevin is a major contributor for the defense at West now (from what I have been told) and has introduced a lot of concepts he learned in his time at Knox Catholic which has significantly improved the defense this year. I am sure Rebel fans are happy he is back!

3 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Kevin is a major contributor for the defense at West now (from what I have been told) and has introduced a lot of concepts he learned in his time at Knox Catholic which has significantly improved the defense this year. I am sure Rebel fans are happy he is back!

Trouble in paradise is what I hear. :roflol:

32 minutes ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Not saying you are wrong but West has been good for the last few years on defense. Under Rang, Lane, and now the guy Brown brought in with him. I’m not so sure about your “significantly” statement. Just an opinion however.

1 hour ago, FHSAlum12 said:

Whoever the guy is that runs Carter's defense, he does a really good job!  Their defense was put into a lot of bad spots this season, with so many onside kicks.  The kids seem to love him and respond to him!