Round 2: Oneida @ South Greene

Spike016

2 hours ago, Romansfive8 said:

My friend I mean no disrespect to you anyone else, but the chain thing is now sounding elementary. There’s always 2 sides of a story and I really don’t care about hearing either side and I would think and hope that the rest are as well. These are 2 different teams and new coaching staffs now and either do not have any control over the past.

Oneida has a solid football. Oline and Dline looks good with some play makers on both sides. SG is solid as well. Going to be a great challenge for both teams and it should be at this point entering Rnd2.  I’m sure you don’t care what I think, but I think SG will handle its business.

Have a Blessed week.

It’s not elementary at all. It’s something that we will never forget and it  just shows  the type of people that y’all have up in them neck of the woods. You can’t fix things that happened in the past but you can use it for motivation for the present.  

Edited by Spike016

MAN OH MAN the rematch!!! Sadly this time the game wont be close enough for the the chain’s to matter this time. I wonder what excuses will be made this time….. Anyway with 11 point win over york i expect this to be an easy dub for the rebels maybe even some running clock to get you guys back home in the same day!!! As always good luck to both sides hope the players of both teams remain healthy and produce a good game! 

3 hours ago, rebel7787 said:

MAN OH MAN the rematch!!! Sadly this time the game wont be close enough for the the chain’s to matter this time. I wonder what excuses will be made this time….. Anyway with 11 point win over york i expect this to be an easy dub for the rebels maybe even some running clock to get you guys back home in the same day!!! As always good luck to both sides hope the players of both teams remain healthy and produce a good game! 

:popcorneater:

4 hours ago, rebel7787 said:

That could easily happen. No excuses. We didn’t lose because of the chain gang, never claimed that I don’t reckon. I’ve even said I don’t think anyone from the team or school had anything to do with it. It was just an individual or two that made a very bad decision and it resulted in some bad press for the school they were probably supporters of. TSSAA did make 2 rule changes regarding that instance and we move on. It is a funny jab that is taken and will likely be taken for a long time to come. Just one of those things that happens on the T. 

On to the game. You’re right, if it’s a running clock then we’ll be home a little earlier. Losing by 1 or 101 has the same result anyway. I’ve said all year I expected some great quad 1 battles up to round 3. Then whoever (SG included) will go play quad 2 and get their eyes beat shut. We all should enjoy however many games we get in rounds 1-3 because round 4 will be a beat down for whoever gets there. Hope everyone stays healthy for both sides. 

1 hour ago, crow said:

That could easily happen. No excuses. We didn’t lose because of the chain gang, never claimed that I don’t reckon. I’ve even said I don’t think anyone from the team or school had anything to do with it. It was just an individual or two that made a very bad decision and it resulted in some bad press for the school they were probably supporters of. TSSAA did make 2 rule changes regarding that instance and we move on. It is a funny jab that is taken and will likely be taken for a long time to come. Just one of those things that happens on the T. 

On to the game. You’re right, if it’s a running clock then we’ll be home a little earlier. Losing by 1 or 101 has the same result anyway. I’ve said all year I expected some great quad 1 battles up to round 3. Then whoever (SG included) will go play quad 2 and get their eyes beat shut. We all should enjoy however many games we get in rounds 1-3 because round 4 will be a beat down for whoever gets there. Hope everyone stays healthy for both sides. 

South Greene enjoys the banter until someone does it back to them. Ask me how I know.

35 minutes ago, crow said:

I'm not looking for no running clock, will be a HARD earned win. We should have won 28 to 0 the other night but there wasn't anything easy about it. Monterey was tough. 

1 hour ago, Spike016 said:

So you’re saying they can dish but can’t take? :roflolk:

I've upset alot of the SG folks the last few years unintentionally. I would see some of their gameplay and just judge if I thought they could beat us or not. And talk about why I thought they couldn't beat us or whatever. They always got mad about it. Even though I was being sincere. 

5 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I've upset alot of the SG folks the last few years unintentionally. I would see some of their gameplay and just judge if I thought they could beat us or not. And talk about why I thought they couldn't beat us or whatever. They always got mad about it. Even though I was being sincere. 

This is the best team they've had , they'll play pretty much anyone tough. God forbid they win, humble is not one of there good attributes, Its just a few ,appears they have little man syndrome. If we win. I'm not gonna gloat or if we lose, I'm not crawling in a hole. Big enough to win with class or congratulate the other team if we lose.

25 minutes ago, pujo said:

I'm not looking for no running clock, will be a HARD earned win. We should have won 28 to 0 the other night but there wasn't anything easy about it. Monterey was tough. 

Me either honestly but when someone wants to go there I’m ok with that. It could happen after all. Monterey plays some good ball, I think the loss to us and Bledsoe got in their heads a bit. Couple that with a tough Hampton team at home and that score didn’t surprise me at all. If you recall I believe I said whoever got 21-24 would win This one. I didn’t see a shutout from either. Not a shot at either defense just that both of y’all have some great athletes and I figured somebody would get loose eventually on both sides. 

Cheating is a known attribute throughout all of greene County.  Our jr high girls scrimmage Greenville middle and of course we used their ball which was over inflated and had a small object rattling inside the ball.  They knew we would torch them.  Refs kept them on the foul line but it didn't matter. We beat them anyway.  It's a sad look on adults part over a ballgame played by kids

• Sad 1