Trousdale at Meigs County

Cam615

9 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

It was about the same. Meigs was up 22-0 at the half but was playing very consistently with I think 5 different players running the ball. They did the same in the second half and started getting subs in early. I’m interested in seeing if Marion in fully healthy, they scored more on Westmoreland than Watertown and TC combined they might get us all.

The game was 14-7 until Marion scored with 2:50 left, and I’m sure Westy turned the ball over to give them the other score, Westy defense is stingy but their offense is just not good enough 

1 hour ago, biggest said:

All I keep hearing is about how megis dfence is the greatest thing since slice bread! If that's true east should not of score 12 pts! Now I have no doubt megis is great but to say they are the best in 2a is crazy without playing the game's

TC beat them 22-0 without 6 starters but then again ER didn’t have Groves so who knows, all of us are beatable, it comes down to who shows up and who makes the least amount of mistakes 

1 hour ago, biggest said:

I will say this if megis is physical on Friday night they will beat Tc . I haven't see megis play a down on tape, but judging from past they are a physical team tc normally is to , but they don't seem to like to get hit this year 

Not all Meigs fans posted about our defense, but I will say I think Meigs has one of the better defenses in 2A and I think the Tyner game was good for Meigs. Until that game there was not much challenge, and it took the first half to figure out that they were going to have to play to win. And I promise you that them boys love to hit and will take a hit.

On 11/6/2021 at 10:57 AM, DealLawyer said:

Wasn’t that a two point conversion at the end to keep the game from going to overtime? Meigs not having a kicker that year turned out to be a good thing. Swafford was tough to stop three yards out. 

im partial to the 2018 game though when tc qb keyvont baines ran 29 times for 212 and 3 TDs!  

One of the greatest high school games I've ever seen and we lost. Baines ran wild Meigs threw it all over the field, dropped pass in 2nd Q in end zone, bad snap on the 1 and pick 6 for TC. Still remember the TC fans being horrible before but amazing after. Players still talk about the respect. TC Radio earned major respect that night. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cashmeout said:

One of the greatest high school games I've ever seen and we lost. Baines ran wild Meigs threw it all over the field, dropped pass in 2nd Q in end zone, bad snap on the 1 and pick 6 for TC. Still remember the TC fans being horrible before but amazing after. Players still talk about the respect. TC Radio earned major respect that night. 

That was one of my top 3 calls, since I started doing radio in 2013. Great game really was a teaser for this series all three games have been different but all three have been classics, I expect nothing less Friday Night.

• Like 2