A pack ov Wolfs ere comin two 825

STARSNBARS

22 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Maryville will keep the point spread just enough to keep the running clock from being used so they can get the 2's and 3's some playing time in the forth quarter. I suspect this is what they do in most games until the semi comes up. They always leave you thinking it could of been a lot worse, 

Which is how they get ready for the next season, one eye always towards the future

33 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Maryville will keep the point spread just enough to keep the running clock from being used so they can get the 2's and 3's some playing time in the forth quarter. I suspect this is what they do in most games until the semi comes up. They always leave you thinking it could of been a lot worse, 

I'm just asking to try and gauge the disparity between Maryville and the rest of eastern 6A......   Did Maryville hold back during the DB game?

34 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

I'm just asking to try and gauge the disparity between Maryville and the rest of eastern 6A......   Did Maryville hold back during the DB game?

Just my own personal opinion but I think Maryville came out a little flat and DB came out firing on all cylinders. It was a pretty evenly played first half. Most likely a few attitude adjustments at halftime was all it took and Maryville was off to the races. The score still turned out about the same as it would have if DB had scored 7 or 14 against the 2's late in the game. But DB does deserve some credit for scoring the 14 on the 1's in the first half. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Just my own personal opinion but I think Maryville came out a little flat and DB came out firing on all cylinders. It was a pretty evenly played first half. Most likely a few attitude adjustments at halftime was all it took and Maryville was off to the races. The score still turned out about the same as it would have if DB had scored 7 or 14 against the 2's late in the game. But DB does deserve some credit for scoring the 14 on the 1's in the first half. 

You are correct. There were a few players held out on D which contributed to the mental lapses (mainly #43). 

2 hours ago, blazer1set said:

From my time watching, murvil is rarely flat. It happens at times, but not much in the playoffs. Give DB credit. I think I remember a turnover causing a 14 point swing which helped keep it close. Like everybody, when murvil protects the ball, they are pretty efficient. DB had a good team and good season.

Barn-Puta made me laugh.

Edited by strongx

43 minutes ago, REBELRON said:

Is Maryville selling tickets at the gate or online 

You can purchase at the gate with a credit/debit card. All the ticketing is through the TSSAA. It's their show and they are in with GoFan which charges a $1.40 per ticket (outrageous) fee on top of the $8.00 face value. Gate tickets are $10.00.  You save .60 by ording online.

ripOff.png

Edited by Red Rebels

On 11/9/2021 at 9:26 PM, JSamson7 said:

You are correct. There were a few players held out on D which contributed to the mental lapses (mainly #43). 

I don’t think missing #43 is why they were flat. I think DB did a great job of blocking our distrupters and this defense is all about getting pressure.

Edited by Rebel1972

6 minutes ago, Rebel1972 said:

I don’t think missing #43 is why they were flat. I think DB did a great job of blocking our pash rush and this defense goes as the pass rush goes. 

They're a different defense when he's in there. I know it, the coaches know it. Ask almost anyone on defense who's the hardest hitter, it's #43.