Rd. 2 Riverside hosts Summertown

@38320

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Riverside runs the exact same play out of multiple formations. Sometimes with jet motion, sometimes without. Sometimes the QB reads the end and has a RPO option. They run it to the left and the right. 3 different guys could run the ball from the same action. The defense has no keys when they run the play; they may run passes or inside runs from same look.  They call it from the sideline after the defense lines up. Advantage Riverside. 

just WHY. why. i noticed lewis did a lot of this stuff too. waverly. they all allow their QBs to make calls on WHAT HE SEES. id let a youth league QB change if he saw something. 

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

just WHY. why. i noticed lewis did a lot of this stuff too. waverly. they all allow their QBs to make calls on WHAT HE SEES. id let a youth league QB change if he saw something. 

It's 2021. No reason any team should still be running plays in and out of a huddle. Any offense not calling plays from the line is at a disadvantage. These zone reads out of shotgun are much easier than the veer option reads from the 70's.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Salem said:

It's 2021. No reason any team should still be running plays in and out of a huddle. Any offense not calling plays from the line is at a disadvantage. These zone reads out of shotgun are much easier than the veer option reads from the 70's.

This is something I really like about our offense we get on the ball, line up have a hard count then play a is called in based on how the D lines up helps to have an experienced coach in the press box.

13 minutes ago, @38320 said:

If anybody wants to see a good high school football show, tune in to Facebook live The News Leader in Parsons, for Frostie's show, as interviewed by the BigPun54. It's recorded. You might be interested in watching it the week you play Frostie's River Rats. 

Thanks bud it’s always fun to have the players on and listen to them talk about the upcoming game 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:21 PM, Salem said:

Some rushing offenses want to run the clock especially a team like Huntingdon. Pounding time consuming ball control keeping these high powered passing teams cold and off the field!

53 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Some rushing offenses want to run the clock especially a team like Huntingdon. Pounding time consuming ball control keeping these high powered passing teams cold and off the field!

You can get the play from the line while also eating clock, getting on the ball in a hurry doesn’t mean you have to snap the ball.

Summertown has won 6 straight and in the past 5 games have allowed a total of 49 points, including holding Lewis County to just 6. IF you are going to throw it on Summertown, you are going to have to be accurate. The Eagles had 4 interceptions against East Hickman. Offensively, Summertown will be led by #12 Colton Shaffer and #24 Javen Edminston. Another young man stepping up lately has been Gavin Robinson. Edminston had 88 yards rushing to go with 32 yards receiving against East Hickman. Shaffer had 130 yards passing to go with 57 yards rushing from the qb spot. 

This game has the makings of a classic 2A playoff game. It could very well come down to the last possession and who has the ball last.

41 minutes ago, Vandychris said:

Summertown has won 6 straight and in the past 5 games have allowed a total of 49 points, including holding Lewis County to just 6. IF you are going to throw it on Summertown, you are going to have to be accurate. The Eagles had 4 interceptions against East Hickman. Offensively, Summertown will be led by #12 Colton Shaffer and #24 Javen Edminston. Another young man stepping up lately has been Gavin Robinson. Edminston had 88 yards rushing to go with 32 yards receiving against East Hickman. Shaffer had 130 yards passing to go with 57 yards rushing from the qb spot. 

This game has the makings of a classic 2A playoff game. It could very well come down to the last possession and who has the ball last.

i dont think so. i think riverside wins fairly convincingly - i hope i am wrong!!

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i dont think so. i think riverside wins fairly convincingly - i hope i am wrong!!

Every point he made is valid, the Eagles have been on a roll in the last half of the season with a solid defense and a pretty balanced offense. To take it one step further, they outlasted East Hickman and pulled away from them late in their game, when East gave Riverside fits after getting behind early and making a comeback. To completely contradict everything I posted...I think you're right on about the game, and the Panthers control how the game is played.