West High vs David Crockett - RD 2

MeritIII

West and Central are not in the 5A top 10 by accident.      In order for Boone and Crockett to both win tomorrow is going to take some major breaks going their way, plus some really bad plays/coaching/etc. from West/Central.     The probability of all that happening in both games is incredibly remote.           But, as they say, that is why you play the game.         All we can do is pull for the impossible in order to set up the first ever Musket Bowl 2.0

28 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Hey blazer, have West and Crockett ever played each other?

Series history:

(2013) West 60-0

Let me assure you that this is not the same Crockett as in 2013.    Chandley (head coach) has squeezed a lot out of his guys and he has them believing they can compete with anyone.     Crockett is our bitter cross county rival so no love lost for them, but I have to commend them for getting it together on the football field in the last few years.          West may blow Crockett out tomorrow too, but I suspect Crockett will give them a much better game than anyone is expecting.             If the final is something like West 38-14 I bet a dollar to a doughnut (Krispy Kreme of course) the halftime score will be way closer.

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Series history:

(2013) West 60-0

Let me assure you that this is not the same Crockett as in 2013.    Chandley (head coach) has squeezed a lot out of his guys and he has them believing they can compete with anyone.     Crockett is our bitter cross county rival so no love lost for them, but I have to commend them for getting it together on the football field in the last few years.          West may blow Crockett out tomorrow too, but I suspect Crockett will give them a much better game than anyone is expecting.             If the final is something like West 38-14 I bet a dollar to a doughnut (Krispy Kreme of course) the halftime score will be way closer.

I will agree, Chandley has done a good job getting his kids to believe they can play with anyone.

asking cause I haven’t seen West or Central play, are they fast and finesse or fast and physical ??

Because I think DC/DB will have to be able to run the ball and control the clock to keep it close.