HUNTINGDON @ MAHS

footballover

On 11/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, sportsnutz said:

He will have to gain some speed to be successful in our offense. He is an absolute bruiser and I wish at times we had utilized him a little more. My only critique of him is that he looks a little sluggish at times with the ball in his hand. Hopefully he makes some big strides this off-season and becomes a big contributor for us next year. He will be a stud LB next year for sure.

He needs some footwork drills and speed drills including in his training.  Plus the offense they run in Huntingdon in for smaller quicker backs because of the tight splits of the offensive lineman.  

On 11/13/2021 at 4:52 PM, sportsnutz said:

He will have to gain some speed to be successful in our offense. He is an absolute bruiser and I wish at times we had utilized him a little more. My only critique of him is that he looks a little sluggish at times with the ball in his hand. Hopefully he makes some big strides this off-season and becomes a big contributor for us next year. He will be a stud LB next year for sure.

Just imagine the Reeves kid at fullback and Rivers at tailback in a eye formation.

On 11/13/2021 at 4:07 PM, Tigers38 said:

I know 5 legit teams including private schools in Memphis that will be pursuing T Rivers to be a starting tailback for next season.  Might be a good look for him, he will get much needed exposure and will attend all the SEC and other division 1 football camps.  

I honestly had high hopes for him, but from everything I have seen, which is every game he has played in high school, he is not physical enough. Big strong kid but I think other kids beat him out on physicality and definitely on speed. Not taking anything away from him as he has the potential to really be a standout. I hope he takes this off season to better himself and his team, I truly think he will and be a real force next year if he figures out the physicality.

7 hours ago, 1shot1kill said:

I honestly had high hopes for him, but from everything I have seen, which is every game he has played in high school, he is not physical enough. Big strong kid but I think other kids beat him out on physicality and definitely on speed. Not taking anything away from him as he has the potential to really be a standout. I hope he takes this off season to better himself and his team, I truly think he will and be a real force next year if he figures out the physicality.

I don't think physicality is a problem. He is a bull with the ball in his hands. He is a 15/16 year old kid that needs to learn how to use his body to his advantage. Needs to work on some agility drills, for sure. 

The main thing I see is when he's running, it seems as if he's running "uphill." If he can learn to run downhill and use his momentum to break tackles, he will be a beast for us.