HUNTINGDON @ MAHS

footballover

8 hours ago, couchpotato said:

I can see where you are coming from on every point.  Here are my takes.

1) Pretty sure MAHS will have some better athletes than Huntingdon.  That was the case with Peabody and Mitchell.  Better athletes does not equate to better team.

2)  One of the best run defense in Shelby county?  Ok, not sure where that stacks up across west TN.  As has been mentioned previously by other posters, Shelby county is not known for smash mouth football for the most part.

3)  Schedule test.  Huntingdon by a mile in this one.  MAHS has played 4 teams with winning records, went 3-1.  Winning percentage of those teams was 66%.  Huntingdon has played 6 teams with winning records, went 4-2.  Winning percentage of those teams was 85%.  No offense to Camden but claiming anything by a 44 point win margin is pointless.  Fairley scored 56 on UC which is 8 points more than Huntingdon scored, but Fairley also allowed 35 which is 21 more than Huntingdon allowed.  There is no easy way to compare schedules but Huntingdon is definitely more battle tested than MAHS.

4)  Huntingdon has to be consistent in the run game.  Huntingdon will be consistent, and persistent.  It is in Huntingdon's DNA.  Huntingdon has actually developed an amazing passing attack (at least by Huntingdon standards).

5) Fewest points MAHS has scored is 26.  Same for Huntingdon. MAHS is averaging 43 points/game.  Huntingdon is averaging 44.7.  Will concede that Huntingdon is giving up more.  Partly due to giving up big plays to often.  Mostly due to better competition in my opinion.

6) MAHS is pretty close to Westview.  Not ready to go there yet.  I believe both are really good teams.

This should be a better game than last week.  MAHS will have to be ready to play 4 quarters.  Huntingdon will grind and grind and grind all night.  Huntingdon needs to make them earn every score and not give up too many big plays.

MAHS is different they love to be physical and play smash mouth football. 

8 hours ago, WildBill2388 said:

MAHS is not Middle College in 1A .

You get the exact point, don’t reply to me and act as if I am generalizing for no apparent reason, Memphis teams will be Memphis teams until the system changes, it can be done but hasn’t for along time ! I am well aware they aren’t “The Same” team but you got the point !!!

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, WildBill2388 said:

Both I am from Germantown Red Devils we scrimmage them this summer and it was 0-0.They are physical upfront that is no smoke and mirrors.

Huntingdon can be physical too. This should be a good one. With 2 1500 yard rushers in the backfield I think we will move the ball and score. This time of year we can not be conservative with the play calling and continue to move on.

17 hours ago, Waker said:

I am curious to see how MAHS looks as far as stamina. Something that Huntingdon does well is wear other teams down. The relentless blocking coming at you is hard to take play after play. I noticed Mitchell players with their hands on their hips through the first drive of the game was telling. After the first TD of the game a Mitchell player, who was going to be the kid catching the return, was laying down beside the end zone. The ref had to actually tell him to get up because the kickoff was about to happen. He wasn’t hurt, just worn out. On the first drive of the game!!

In your 3rd sentence you misspelled holding, (relentless holding).. ;-)

Edited by TideRolls
  • Upvote 1