Clay Co. @ South Pitt RD 2 (This Johnson man vs This Grider and Stone Man)

Govolss

9 hours ago, SCHSAllHail said:

Would really like to see the Dawgs come out on top in this one. If South Pitt has their usual talent, I just don't see it happening, though. Too much speed that usually rears its head as the game progresses. I expect it to be close for 2-3 quarters regardless.

Lots of talent with speed and power at the skill positions but not as strong on the offensive line this year. They have made significant strides from early on in the season though. On the defensive side of the ball we are finally healthy. Line is huge and disruptive, Linebackers and secondary are  very quick to the ball. 

• Like 1

Like I’ve said I think Clay can make this a ball game early. The thing that year in and year out that helps the Pirates is excellent special team play and forcing turnovers. I think that will be the difference in the game. Now if Clay can protect the ball and keep the Pirates from returning kicks they might be in the game until the very end. But I will say the Pirates either win in a blow out or they barely edge the Bulldogs.

Should be a good game and while I’m pulling for Clay in this one and hoping for the upset victory we all know just how good South Pitt is in football. For those of you on here trying to imply that SP is an underdog in this contest, all I can say is… that dog won’t hunt boys… now if we were talking round ball then yeah Clay would win in blowout fashion 40+ but this ain’t basketball!  SP is a 2 touchdown favorite we all know this so y’all save your breath about SP not being the clear favorite at home.  Now please continue…

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Should be a good game and while I’m pulling for Clay in this one and hoping for the upset victory we all know just how good South Pitt is in football. For those of you on here trying to imply that SP is an underdog in this contest, all I can say is… that dog won’t hunt boys… now if we were talking round ball then yeah Clay would win in blowout fashion 40+ but this ain’t basketball!  SP is a 2 touchdown favorite we all know this so y’all save your breath about SP not being the clear favorite at home.  Now please continue…

I certainly agree! If only Clay was on the hard wood! I do have respect for clay county though hard nosed football team.

Pulling for the Dawgs to pull off the upset. Clay County’s athletes I think will catch SP by surprise at first on how good they are. I think Clay will put SP on their heels for majority of the game, but the Pirates pull away in the late stages of the game. It’s always fun to see the Upper Cumberland schools have success in all sports. One of the best parts of TN to watch any high school sport. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

Pulling for the Dawgs to pull off the upset. Clay County’s athletes I think will catch SP by surprise at first on how good they are. I think Clay will put SP on their heels for majority of the game, but the Pirates pull away in the late stages of the game. It’s always fun to see the Upper Cumberland schools have success in all sports. One of the best parts of TN to watch any high school sport. 

Agreed!

9 hours ago, Pirate2003 said:

It looks like this is SP vs everyone else. Clay County has fans coming out of the wood work. What’s that thing they say about blood in the water? Someone smells it in places they typically don’t. 

Once again trying to spin this thread to make it look like it’s SP that is against everyone when it’s actually the SP people saying y’all are not good enough or maybe you can compete with Clay or hopefully little SP can show up and make it a game etc…Why do that?  Everyone knows y’all are good on the gridiron everyone knows Clay is the one that is the decided underdog so just stop please. Now on the other hand if SP has to play against Clay in a region basketball game then yeah you can say all of those things because they won’t stand a chance. Clays JV team would see more of that game that the starters would but this is football.  So do us all a favor and quit poor mouthing the SP football team. It won’t work

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UCSportsFan said:

Once again trying to spin this thread to make it look like it’s SP that is against everyone when it’s actually the SP people saying y’all are not good enough or maybe you can compete with Clay or hopefully little SP can show up and make it a game etc…Why do that?  Everyone knows y’all are good on the gridiron everyone knows Clay is the one that is the decided underdog so just stop please. Now on the other hand if SP has to play against Clay in a region basketball game then yeah you can say all of those things because they won’t stand a chance. Clays JV team would see more of that game that the starters would but this is football.  So do us all a favor and quit poor mouthing the SP football team. It won’t work

After getting humbled last year in the State Championship, we are taking on a completely different approach to all games this year. 

Edited by piratetom