Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

They came back strong in half time against mcminn.  Is this the worst  oak  ridge  team? It's one of the worse seasons I've seen the Wildcats have

6 of their 8 losses were by a single possession. Sometimes it's just as simple as needing that one bounce to go your way. Farragut's season played out in much the same way and they scored a big upset over SH

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

They came back strong in half time against mcminn.  Is this the worst  oak  ridge  team? It's one of the worse seasons I've seen the Wildcats have

Maybe.Ive been going a long time and dont remember anything close to this besides S.Stevens last yr.The offense was just so bad.Its just crazy because you have 3 players with D1 offers and a couple of guys who are really good high school players that will play at a small college.The defense was solid but all the 3 and outs plus turnovers would take the fight out of them.With the talent its hard to call them the worst but Ive never seen a team look more lost and have no answers.We never improved or got better at any aspect of the game.We couldnt block a bad 1A team and hard to do anything with that.Ive heard people blame HC,staff,QB,Oline,Dline,lack of off season work,injuries,tiny SR class and more but whatever the problem was it was ugly all yr.We threw an awful pick 6 right b4 half in 1st game and its been downhill ever since.

My wife noticed something at the McMinn Co game in berween games of Candy Crush and sewing ( yes, I said my wife played Candy Crush and sewed during the freaking game! Ugh! ). The OR coaches were yelling and signaling plays to the players right up to the snap of the ball. At times it looked like a Fire Drill. One, do the players see or hear the coaches? Two, is this a sign of an ill prepared team? 

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

My wife noticed something at the McMinn Co game in berween games of Candy Crush and sewing ( yes, I said my wife played Candy Crush and sewed during the freaking game! Ugh! ). The OR coaches were yelling and signaling plays to the players right up to the snap of the ball. At times it looked like a Fire Drill. One, do the players see or hear the coaches? Two, is this a sign of an ill prepared team? 

The play calling/changing up to the snap has been going on for years now.  It has caused confusion of the players i.e. not knowing what play/route etc... It has caused delay of game penalties.  It burned time outs we could use later in the game.  It has caused lots of frustration with coaches, players and fans.  So...

RWR!