Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

If the Wildcat players do happen to read what we old guys think on a message board - 

Please get in the weight room. Please watch some instructional video on the nuances of the game. Please educate yourself enough to be a coach on the field. Please watch some film of Spencer Gulmire, James Mitchell, Ethan Grumski, Elliott Normand, Alex Alcorn, Kendyll Clark, Jacob Adams, or Jacob Bervin. Recognize the warrior spirit of these former players and play with a heart the size of a mountain.

Believe it or not, effort on the field will prepare you to be a winner in life. Longtime Wildcat fans will support your efforts, but keep in mind, they know what effort looks like. Respect is earned.

Bring it back it 2022

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OR nole said:

Well, here we go again. Putting words and attitudes in our mouths. You act like this great victim, but go on the attack when someone has a different opinion than you or expresses it in a manner you don't care for. YOU should never make implications on how grown men should rate football or football players or be the great judge of others character.

Respect is earned at any age. No free passes. You are in the minority of men if you disagree. 

I can respect them as humans, students, sons, boy scouts, Burger King employees. I can praise them for quality deeds in the community, but they did not earn my respect as high school linemen.

This argument goes WAY deeper than just high school football. 

Maybe the other poster should have said "the fine young men of the Cardinal and Gray (15-0 next year, baby. RWR!!!) were a little short of the mark in their blocking this year. But they were good enough, smart enough, and doggone it, people like them because they are our precious youth".

Nah, that's disgustingly weak. 

Ahhh, that feel's better.

You feel better, well, that is great. I was not talking to you but I sure am happy with your happiness.  I will not respond to the rest of your post because it is just your opinion.

Bye nole. FR. Bye. I am tired of renting space in your head for free.

Willie - not a victim just an Oak Ridge fan - Wildcat.

4 hours ago, OR nole said:

If the Wildcat players do happen to read what we old guys think on a message board - 

Please get in the weight room. Please watch some instructional video on the nuances of the game. Please educate yourself enough to be a coach on the field. Please watch some film of Spencer Gulmire, James Mitchell, Ethan Grumski, Elliott Normand, Alex Alcorn, Kendyll Clark, Jacob Adams, or Jacob Bervin. Recognize the warrior spirit of these former players and play with a heart the size of a mountain.

Believe it or not, effort on the field will prepare you to be a winner in life. Longtime Wildcat fans will support your efforts, but keep in mind, they know what effort looks like. Respect is earned.

Bring it back it 2022

Perfect post

10 hours ago, CzarStar865 said:

Your a clown.

No your the clown, an uninformed one at that. The wheels are in motion as I type this by the powers that are in charge not to let this program turn into a William Blount for the investment they have made with the field and visitor stands and the entire future of the program. Everyone has their opinion but it was very clear during the one game on TV Joe's age has caught up with him physically as he walked the sidelines while everyone at home was left wondering if he was going to get hurt. Whatever happens Oak Ridge will be in good hands for those worried about what kids read. They knew more in the second grade then most of us when we got out of school.

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately we have a number of players, including key players left on this team that are in a "wait and see" mode as to whether or not they are even going to play football for Oak Ridge next year.   Many are waiting to see if a change in leadership takes place before they jump back on board.  Don't shoot the messenger!  I am just sharing what I  have been told by parents and players on multiple occasions this year. 

I think at this point everyone involved with this season knows that this is not the standard or the expectation for Oak Ridge football.    I don't think that anyone that watched this team play could disagree that great change must take place to get this program back to where we all know it should be.   I'm not calling for anybody's job, I have never publicly called for any coach to be fired. (except Butch Jones).  But at the very least, there has to be an honest assessment of and drastic changes made in the way things are being done/not done.  It's about demanding accountability from everyone involved top to bottom; players, coaches, support staff, admin., everybody.  Being good is not easy.  Getting the results we all want requires commitment, hard work and dedication to be your best from all involved.  " We got a long way to go and a short time to get there."  (Now you all have Smoky and the Bandit song in your heads)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Unfortunately we have a number of players, including key players left on this team that are in a "wait and see" mode as to whether or not they are even going to play football for Oak Ridge next year.   Many are waiting to see if a change in leadership takes place before they jump back on board.  Don't shoot the messenger!  I am just sharing what I  have been told by parents and players on multiple occasions this year. 

I think at this point everyone involved with this season knows that this is not the standard or the expectation for Oak Ridge football.    I don't think that anyone that watched this team play could disagree that great change must take place to get this program back to where we all know it should be.   I'm not calling for anybody's job, I have never publicly called for any coach to be fired. (except Butch Jones).  But at the very least, there has to be an honest assessment of and drastic changes made in the way things are being done/not done.  It's about demanding accountability from everyone involved top to bottom; players, coaches, support staff, admin., everybody.  Being good is not easy.  Getting the results we all want requires commitment, hard work and dedication to be your best from all involved.  " We got a long way to go and a short time to get there."  (Now you all have Smoky and the Bandit song in your heads)

Couldn't say it any better

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

Anybody know if the Gaddis Show has been posted online yet? Had someone tell me it was an hour long excuse show. Would love to be my on judge. 

Also, I have the Ridge leading by a trickle with all they have returning next year…

Usually it can be found on BBBTV12.com, but last nights show is not on there.  The episode with the shout outs has been taken down as well.   But yeah, I watched the show.  Looks to me like Cat fans can look forward to more of the same.  Joe says he's coming back and everything appears business as usual.   And don't expect much gains in the weight room.  He says we don't have a paid position for strength and conditioning coach.  This is a new thing in Knox Co.  Last year was the first year of that.  Seems to me with 10 coaches they could find a way to divide up weight room responsibilities among the staff and make it a mandatory part of being on the Oak Ridge football team.    

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1