Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

9 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Exactly!  There is no excuse.  There are lots of different ways to make that happen if it were a real priority.  How can mandatory weight training for football players especially not be a top priority, not only to be strong enough to compete but this is the day and age of player safety.  

What I dont know is why football dont have anybody but other sports do at Oak Ridge.I have fam on the girls bball team and they had someone come in a do their strength and conditioning.Football not having somebody is a crime.You need someone who knows what each kid needs and holding players accountable.At the very least coaches making sure they are doing a basic workout.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, DCCATVOICE said:

Thank you all for watching the show. I have done that show or one similar with five different Oak Ridge coaches over the years and last night was not an excuses show but a true reality show. Coach made no excuses for the season, he took full responsibility. I brought up the reality of the shortcomings of this team. I never blame our kids because they are just that, kids. This team gave their all but honestly they were not as loaded with as much talent as you would believe by reading this. Great kids, big hearts but not the most talented group. Mainly because of a lack of experience in important areas and depth. Next year you will see this same group minus our ten seniors, yes just ten seniors,  play much better than this season. Write it down.  I feel for the ten that are leaving us. I just have to remind people that just last season we were in the State Championship Game. Better days are ahead. David Clary

You always do a great job and thank you for all you do.I understand a lot of what you are saying and we did have the smallest SR class Ive ever seen.The problems I am worried have been going on longer than this year.The difference in our weight program and others is unacceptable.Also the problem we have had with our Oline for longer than this yr is unacceptable.I wont go into other things but I think most of us dont want Gaddis fired but to show that we are gonna  fix these reoccurring problems.I0 SRs or not an Oak Ridge team should never get bullied upfront like we have.We had as good or better skill guys and LBs as any team around but lost 8 games.Most of us just dont wanna hear that nothing is changing because it was bad luck and we will do the same things and be better next yr.Im hoping this past season fires JG up and we get back on track.Thanks again for all you do for Oak RIdge sports

1 hour ago, DCCATVOICE said:

Thank you all for watching the show. I have done that show or one similar with five different Oak Ridge coaches over the years and last night was not an excuses show but a true reality show. Coach made no excuses for the season, he took full responsibility. I brought up the reality of the shortcomings of this team. I never blame our kids because they are just that, kids. This team gave their all but honestly they were not as loaded with as much talent as you would believe by reading this. Great kids, big hearts but not the most talented group. Mainly because of a lack of experience in important areas and depth. Next year you will see this same group minus our ten seniors, yes just ten seniors,  play much better than this season. Write it down.  I feel for the ten that are leaving us. I just have to remind people that just last season we were in the State Championship Game. Better days are ahead. David Clary

David, I hope you know how much I appreciate the work you do. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCCATVOICE said:

Thank you, David.  I always remind myself that they are kids, period.  Thanks for the work you perform in support of our Wildcats.  As always...

RWR!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DCCATVOICE said:

Well said, David. I agree. I think the adversity and sting from the failures of this season will be something these upcoming players will never wanna experience again, so it could end up working in our favor. Sometimes it takes a good humbling like that in life to wake you up. It’s all a matter of how you bounce back after that adversity, like Coach was saying on the show. We definitely need to figure something out with the S & C program though. 

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

A new era is about to begin and I know the new staff will embrace the tradition here. The Administration is already working hard to assure that Oak Ridge remains a factor every year. I personally will miss working with Coach Gaddis as the head coach. Coach Gaddis loves Oak Ridge football more than just about anybody I have ever known including former players. I am so happy to see so much respect being paid to him all over social media. You can question any coach on their coaching but you can never question this man's love for Oak Ridge. As Principal Garfield Adams said, he's a legend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:30 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

You always do a great job and thank you for all you do.I understand a lot of what you are saying and we did have the smallest SR class Ive ever seen.The problems I am worried have been going on longer than this year.The difference in our weight program and others is unacceptable.Also the problem we have had with our Oline for longer than this yr is unacceptable.I wont go into other things but I think most of us dont want Gaddis fired but to show that we are gonna  fix these reoccurring problems.I0 SRs or not an Oak Ridge team should never get bullied upfront like we have.We had as good or better skill guys and LBs as any team around but lost 8 games.Most of us just dont wanna hear that nothing is changing because it was bad luck and we will do the same things and be better next yr.Im hoping this past season fires JG up and we get back on track.Thanks again for all you do for Oak RIdge sports

Still? Why do you think OR only had 10 seniors? Just curious as to your opinion. A place like OR should NEVER have a SR class being represented by 10 student athletes. 

12 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Still? Why do you think OR only had 10 seniors? Just curious as to your opinion. A place like OR should NEVER have a SR class being represented by 10 student athletes. 

You obviously have an answer to your own question, so just share it instead of asking the question. Be sure to explain why there are are approximately 25 or more players in the freshmen, sophomore, and junior classes. I have no idea why there are only 10 seniors but I'm dying to have you tell us the answer to your own question.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, catswild said:

You obviously have an answer to your own question, so just share it instead of asking the question. Be sure to explain why there are are approximately 25 or more players in the freshmen, sophomore, and junior classes. I have no idea why there are only 10 seniors but I'm dying to have you tell us the answer to your own question.

Really don’t have an answer Kittywild. If I knew the answer I would have given the answer. If you think 10 SR’s is a good thing at ORHS so be it. 

29 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Really don’t have an answer Kittywild. If I knew the answer I would have given the answer. If you think 10 SR’s is a good thing at ORHS so be it. 

I’m pretty sure in a roundabout way, Cats is implying that you’re blaming the lack of SRs from this past seasons team on Gaddis, as if it was his fault in some way or another, but I may be wrong? As to why the lack of SRs? From my understanding, some quit, a few became academically ineligible, and a few others transferred. Those things are something in which a Coach really doesn’t have much, if any control over.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Upvote 1