Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

If I were at Oak Ridge running the show you've already spilled to much blood all over the place forcing Joe to retire and letting an alumni that was a heck of a defensive coordinator move right next door to you so beware if you don't get a homerun hire about three years from now Jeff Miner is going to be kicking your azzes right up between your should blades and laughing while he's doing it. This mess is now to much out of hand to go after somebody that did it once but fell on their face somewhere else with a lot better toys and tools than Oak Ridge has. A place like Oak Ridge in the History of the State of Tennessee Football is like an Alabama  but needs a golden spark to return to it's glory days again but some money would have to be spent and I mean some good money but this would pay dividends like the 5 million Alabama paid Saban and you see how that paid off. This hire would be a Grand Slam and my friends and Oak Ridge would be a place where kids would come to play football if they got this person for sure. That stadium we've seen pictures of would also become a reality if this hire was made. There isn't a price high enough to have a coach that kids want to play for and the stands have 15,000 people at Blankenship Field like they did back in the 50's. Pay what it takes to get him here at all cost or refer back to my first sentence. That coach my friend is Bryson Rosser.

Didn't Rosser give it all up so his wife could work at Harvard? Unless something has seriously changed, I don't think he's in the market. 

But man, that would be great.

13 minutes ago, OR nole said:

Didn't Rosser give it all up so his wife could work at Harvard? Unless something has seriously changed, I don't think he's in the market. 

But man, that would be great.

Be really surprised if they come back to this area.  

Yes, she has a very good job at Harvard, and Bryson works in administration and is the OC of the football team at a very good private prep school in the Boston area.  

They seem to be happy there. 

Hey folks don't be in such a hurry! This all came down yesterday and it's just barely tomorrow. I don't know what's going on but it will all work out, for the best I hope. Where's Willie with some positive thoughts? I'm sure the powers knew before yesterday Joe was leaving, not sure about Miner, that kinda surprised me. The powers will get together and work out a plan, it isn't like coaches wouldn't want to come to Oak Ridge. The potential is here just need someone to pick up the ball and run with it.

WILDCAT PRIDE

7 minutes ago, bounder said:

Hey folks don't be in such a hurry! This all came down yesterday and it's just barely tomorrow. I don't know what's going on but it will all work out, for the best I hope. Where's Willie with some positive thoughts? I'm sure the powers knew before yesterday Joe was leaving, not sure about Miner, that kinda surprised me. The powers will get together and work out a plan, it isn't like coaches wouldn't want to come to Oak Ridge. The potential is here just need someone to pick up the ball and run with it.

WILDCAT PRIDE

I do think Oak Ridge will be back in the hunt for a Region title next season. The new coach will bring more excitement to the Program. However, Coach Gaddis DID NOT leave us without many fine players. The Wildcats will have to fight and work hard from now until the start of next season to get the job done. The players must hold themselves accountable and so must the coaches. Even the community must pitch in.

Bounder is right we must not rush to get a hire. However, it is fun to speculate. So far my favorites are Rosser ( formerly at Central ). Coach Whitten at Betsy and the Price twins from Campbell County.

RWR! May the Force be with the Wildcats!

18 minutes ago, bounder said:

WILDCAT PRIDE

So I know that I am not as close as some of you native Oak Ridgers are, but I do know some folks who are close.  I am getting the vibe that it's already been decided who the target is. All that's left is to work out the fine print. 

I guess time will tell on that one. 

2 minutes ago, HTV said:

So I know that I am not as close as some of you native Oak Ridgers are, but I do know some folks who are close.  I am getting the vibe that it's already been decided who the target is. All that's left is to work out the fine print. 

Let us know when you know. I am very out of the loop.

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

Give us native Oak Ridgers a hint.Or what u think of the person you are hearing about.Ive not heard anything besides a couple of names but nothing close to being done.

Maybe Rosser and his wife are happy dealing with Boston Rednecks but the call is still worth making. The name that sound like the winner may be a good guy but he fell on his face because his staff had more to do with his success than him at the program he done well at. Didn't do so well at the last one and was showed the door and the previous one done better last year than this one. If this is the choice Shad should send an application in also.