Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

Just now, boyfromsi said:

I think it is a good get. Good teacher of the game.  Tough Defenses, emphasis on running the football.  He should be a good fit for us.

All of that plus operates in the gray area too. At least at West he did. Solid hire and things just got ramped up in East Tennessee with the last two hires. 

Here's my opinion.  Yes I think this is a good hire. The program will be run the right way with no details overlooked.  These kids are about to put in work like they have never been asked to work under the previous regime, both in the weight room and on the field.  I think the Cummings teams will remind people of Blade's teams (with more imagination on offense).  They will be much stronger across the board, well prepared, disciplined and play with great effort.  It may take a while as this is a much bigger rebuild than most Ridgers care to admit.   I expect that some kids currently on the roster will quit as this will require from them a whole new level of hard work and commitment to stay a part of this team.  But, the ones that are left come next July will be players, players that we can send out on the field and count on them to know their job and do it well.  In other words, adios to the jersey wearers.  Again, if he's allowed to bring the DC and/or the strength coach that he wants, then the process to competing for championships won't take as long.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1