Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

16 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Willie are you drunk or bored?Is CoachT hurting for money and I missed it.If so why dont you start a go fund me for CoachT if you care that much.You go really hard for the craziest things.Not trying to be mean but this kick you are on has come out of nowhere.Maybe you are just bored but it seems like you just want to start with people sometimes.Other days you go back to everything is all good Willie

I know you are not trying to be mean to me and EVERYTHING  IS ALL GOOD WILLIE.

It sure would be nice to see the Oak Ridge posters all become CoachT+members. It is as simple as donating $1. But give more if you can. There is no catch. No wanting to start something with anybody.  A tiny number of people may try and use that as an excuse but I cannot control what others do. People should do what is in their heart and feel good about themselves

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

SORRY I WAS LATE ON THIS...

Yesterday was Tee Higgins Birthday. 

Long time Wildcat fans will not believe this but I celebrated Tee's B-day with a piece of cake from THE FEDERAL BAKE SHOP. It is located in Hixson, TN. Nobody seems to know if there is a connection to the Fed. Bake Shop that was once in Oak Ridge Downtown.

My best guess is they somehow got some of the OR Bake Shop's Recipes. They rarely make them but their Donuts are spot on.

RWR!

I'm sure you all are sick of me but I don't care. You won't support CoachT+membership but that says all that needs to be said about you. I have always had the blessings  of the important people at ORHS and that gave me the courage to stand behind my support for the Oak Ridge PLAYERS.

Lecture over for now.

I do want to thank Stillnum1 and BoyfromSI for their interest in the Basketball teams at Oak Ridge. and their input on the CoachT Basketball boards.

I would mention Bounder but he has his sheep together and is the best Oak Ridge fan I know of. He is a GOAT along with Mama Bounder.

Please post on the Basketball Boards and help out David Clary in bringing the Wildcat games to us.

RWR! 

3 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I'm sure you all are sick of me but I don't care.

Well, that is a lie! I do care if you are sick of me. I love CoachT,com and want to make sure it is always around. In my effort I thought it might help if everybody became CoachT + members. I thought Wildcat posters could set the example for all to follow. My effort fell flat and I looked bored and/or drunk. Still, I will not quit in my efforts. 

Not only will I not quit, I am now asking you all to donate to help David Clary provide live streaming of games. I can't understand why people think everything in life is FREE. Paying the food bill for a Military member in a food joint SHOULD be free. Giving for CoachT or Streaming Oak Ridge games should be your responsibility.

As President  JFK ( D ) said ask not what CoachT and Prepradio.com can do for you but what can you do for CoachT + membership and Prepradio.com? OK, Kennedy never said it but you get the point,

Enough for now but  I will leave you with one Wildcat Moment. After the 1991 State Championship game the Booster Bus went to the motel where the team was staying. Sitting on a curb was Shawn Summers and Dennis Friendly, heads bowed whispering to each other.. I thought what a cool sight to see. They will never forget that moment.

Don't you all forget your Wildcat Moments.

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

32 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Thanks for the news HTV.

Welcome Coach Ayers.

I also understand that at least one of the tenured teacher/coaches from the previous Oak Ridge staff who are going elsewhere just to coach is being reassigned to one of the middle schools to open up a teaching spot for a coming hire.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, IrishBBall said:

I told y’all two weeks ago. LOL

Sorry about that Irish. :D

I have been distracted lately with my effort to increase the CoachT+ membership and now trying to help point out the fact it cost David Clary money to have Prepradio stream OR Basketball games. Streaming games is expensive but we live in a society where people just expect things to be given to them. A couple of people have questioned if I am drunk to do this.  I doubt I could have lived as a Type 2 Diabetic for the last 26 years if I were drinking. I have to give myself an "F" so far when it comes to results but an "A" for effort. I am human. I have good and bad in me.

People have their various reasons for not giving even a $1 and I just have to continue to find a way to get people to help the cause. 

WILDCAT MOMENT...Who remembers when an Oak Ridge players spiked the ball at the 5 yard line costing him a TD. It was so sad I just had to laugh. Don't say his name.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Way late on this post, but I do believe that I want to at least weight in so to speak lol. I wrestled NAIA competed against some of the best wrestler over all a crossed the divisions and felt great about my college wrestling experience. I think people make the mistake in believe that wrestling some how gets easier as a sport at the smaller college divisions it doesn't the training is mostly the same. I have that on good authority from a coach who was a D1 all-American. it's more the commitment level of the competitors that is different. There is talented wrestlers that can go D1 at any level in the smaller division. sub in Sammy Shires for one he would have done fine on a DI team. He chose a work life ratio that suited him. It's not about talent it's commitment are you going to make training and studying the sport the center of your world cause that's what it takes: NO MATTER HOW TALATENTED BEFORE HAND YOU ARE.  If so then D1 is for you and striving for success at that level is for you like Mr. Palmer said it's what your willing to put in. Now coaches if you have a successful wrestler who fits that bill then by all means D1 is a great option they will see some success no matter how small, but if they are not that committed along with being talented and a killer and you know it then your doing them wrong.  You don't have to tell athletes that you don't think they are D1 tell them to keep their options open to take all their visits to consider all the divisions regardless of their goals. college recruiting visits have you most times wrestle against their current wrestlers coaches and athletes  will find out real quick it's not easy no matter where you go. That way when they make their decision it's a sound one that's based on well rounded experiences.     BobCorker, and oceansize42 I believe what you are thinking is correct but for different reasons. TN wrestler's have the talent... it's a commitment level change. TN wrestlers aren't used to having to put themselves through the level of commitment required and kills them on the D1 level.    WrestlingGod, I agree you should push kids to pursue their dreams, but not at the cost of common sense period... we have to much of that going around this country already. Dreams can turn to poison when these wrestler are not educated on what it truly takes. In TN  a kid who understands wrestling to a high level can be successful with small amounts of hard work. They think their definition of hard work is enough for D1 that is the mistake not the "talent/understanding".  Over-all though we do not celebrate NAIA,D2,D3, or Juco success in this state like other states do. GA/AL celebrates all it's college wrestlers success a crossed the  board no matter the division. Why? because it's hard... I have gone to all the divisions National championships let me tell you to be a all-American at any is impressive especially D2 or NAIA. those guys can scrap and not one of those AA's are an easy match. all of them were state placers or champs multiple times in their high school careers. does that at all sound easy to place at? TN does not give those guys enough credit or shout outs period. it's an over sight because of this D1 or it's less than meaningless   mentality on this site and in this state. GA/AL is better then us on the highest stage because they send guys to D2,NAIA,D3 ect. they come back understanding the sport better then their pervious coaches, and give back and that cycles to athletes readiness to go D1 with clearer understanding of what it takes to be competitive day 1 freshman year.             My post isn't to support one way or the other but to just consider that both sides have merit and that both work when the system in TN. by system I mean coaches are the better educated on preparing athletes for each level they want and should pursue.        
    • If you think McKenzie could've beat Riverside I have a bridge you might like to buy. 
    • Hate to hear Ricky is heading to the old folk's home!
    • By recruiting, I mean members of a coaching staff are talking to, meeting with, giving tours, to students, and their guardians, that are not zoned for their school.    there’s no way that many non Bearden kids just showed up all at once without being recruited. It can’t be a coincidence that all those kids also went through the middle school all star game your boss puts on every year. 
    • Not sure how I would put it as recruiting perhaps kids trying to better their career by going to a head coach and coaching staff with connections all over college football that gets them the opportunity to go play college football and be coached by a coach with a pretty good track record.