Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

5 minutes ago, bounder said:

Does anybody if we have a full staff now? I've been out of the loop for about a month and haven't been able to keep up with the gossip. I do know the filming coach has retired recently.

Bounder, yes we do. The staff is complete.  Coach Russell retired after 58 yrs. as well.  Thank you Coach Winston Russell!  He will be missed.  

3 hours ago, bounder said:

Does anybody if we have a full staff now? I've been out of the loop for about a month and haven't been able to keep up with the gossip. I do know the filming coach has retired recently.

3 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Bounder, yes we do. The staff is complete.  Coach Russell retired after 58 yrs. as well.  Thank you Coach Winston Russell!  He will be missed.  

According to a staff member, the staff is nowhere near complete, but since orcat says it is, who knows what's true.

3 minutes ago, catswild said:

According to a staff member, the staff is nowhere near complete, but since orcat says it is, who knows what's true.

Yeah, I see how that could be misleading.  Let's put it this way.  Coach has made all the hires that he is going to be able to make  for the time being.  Yes, we will be shorthanded coaching numbers wise.   But we all knew the situation going in, with all the former coaches and elsewhere coaches hanging around holding OR teaching jobs.  I feel like they did a great job under the less than ideal circumstances.  

• 2 weeks later...

The last two years have been a struggle for me on Coach T. I have had to deal with insults from adults about the kids playing Offensive Line. God, I pray Coach Gray survives you all. Attacks accusing me of being creepy around kids. Attacks that would send me to jail because i have been a public school teacher and still  am involved in the Education field. 

Who can forget or forgive me for my misguided attempt to get more CoachT + Members or sponsors for David's Youtube live  streaming of Oak Ridge basketball. An endeavor I myself called poorly carried out.  Although, people accused me of stirring up trouble David and Coach T never said an ill word to me on the boards or in private.

But all that negative stuff is buried. I have spent the last month mostly on Twitter and have enjoyed myself. I am also going to look into Instagram for enjoyment purposes. 

One example on why I like Twitter better than CoachT happened yesterday. Bishop # 8 for Karns posted something and I responded with a polite message to him. He hit the HEART button to say he liked my message. That simple LIKE meant the world to me. I get treated nicely on Twitter and you all belittle me for " telling people how to post on Coach T." Look, if you are such a  baby that I can influence you on how  to behave then it is probably time for you to change your diaper. That is just a joke hahahaha.

Okay, I will still be around but not as much. I wish you all the best and I hope you do the same for me. One thing I hope we all agree with is RWR!

• Like 1

Serious question, not an attempt to throw shade at anyone or stir anything up but I heard a pretty good athlete that played two years at Central is now working out and intending to play with OR this season.  Did he move to OR or was he always from OR to begin with and now wants to come home due to the coaching change? 

11 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

Serious question, not an attempt to throw shade at anyone or stir anything up but I heard a pretty good athlete that played two years at Central is now working out and intending to play with OR this season.  Did he move to OR or was he always from OR to begin with and now wants to come home due to the coaching change? 

Ive not heard of anyone but I hope he is good.What position?

12 hours ago, YoungBuck said:

I'm told his family has moved to Oak Ridge. 

Central has some major issues. I'd be surprised if they don't regress in the fall.