Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

4 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Got the story.  Class history project about things that happened in the 60s  and a group of students chose segregation.  They illustrated segregation by  labeling 2 water fountains.  A picture was taken by another student and posted on Snapchat with no context which created some controversy which was immediately dealt with by the administration.  Anything to add YB?

Oh my Goodness. Every year, usually a young teacher with good intentions comes up with a Lesson Plan on Segregation like this. As a teacher at a 99% African American school, I faced this dilemma many times. I was never happy with the job I did with the kids. 

10 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Oh my Goodness. Every year, usually a young teacher with good intentions comes up with a Lesson Plan on Segregation like this. As a teacher at a 99% African American school, I faced this dilemma many times. I was never happy with the job I did with the kids. 

To clarify Willie, the lesson was not on Segregation per se, but on the 60s in general.  The students chose segregation as something that happened in the 60s that they considered important.

Edited by boyfromsi

On 5/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, YoungBuck said:

OR cat, heard anything about a photo from the end of last week taken at OR having to do with water fountains? 

You are a joke.You must be new to Clinton and not know the history of that school.Oak Ridge has a great rep of being one of the most diverse and inclusive places in Tennessee.But you dont care anyway and just being a troll trying to start something.Take some time away from Oak Ridge football and learn some history about your school

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

Got the story.  Class history project about things that happened in the 60s  and a group of students chose segregation.  They illustrated segregation by  labeling 2 water fountains.  A picture was taken by another student and posted on Snapchat with no context which created some controversy which was immediately dealt with by the administration.  Anything to add YB?

Yeah SI, I knew it was for a class project.  It was a bad idea to post it on snapchat with no context though, especially considering the timing of posting it right on the heals of the qb video situation.  I do realize that the kid that posted it had nothing to do with the project itself or the football team.  I knew there was nothing to it, but the timing of it is just not a good look.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, boyfromsi said:

Spot on with that. Just probably would have stayed away from that kind of project in the current climate these days. 

8 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

You are a joke.You must be new to Clinton and not know the history of that school.Oak Ridge has a great rep of being one of the most diverse and inclusive places in Tennessee.But you dont care anyway and just being a troll trying to start something.Take some time away from Oak Ridge football and learn some history about your school

Your grammar is a joke.  I don't have a team, I'm just a concerned citizen. I forgot that highlighting any bad things that happen in OR is "trolling". I'll leave you alone little guy. 

8 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I will also say though that I believe the Clinton football team honored the Scarboro 85 at their game at last years historical reunion that brought out the likes of the Gov. Did OR? 

44 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

I will also say though that I believe the Clinton football team honored the Scarboro 85 at their game at last years historical reunion that brought out the likes of the Gov. Did OR? 

Its called the Oak Ridge 85 and the Clinton 12.  Both groups were honored last August at Scarboro Community Center by Gov. Bill Lee.  

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

Your grammar is a joke.  I don't have a team, I'm just a concerned citizen. I forgot that highlighting any bad things that happen in OR is "trolling". I'll leave you alone little guy. 

Sorry, his grammar is fine and you are a troll. You don't have a team? You must not be loyal to the high school you attended or are attending. Very sad either way. Also, you don't know STILLNUM1 so be careful who you call a little guy. You might be writing a check your #### can't cash.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

Spot on with that. Just probably would have stayed away from that kind of project in the current climate these days. 

I can understand the hesitancy, but the students picked one of the best illustrations of the absurdities of Jim Crow laws in this country.  Again, the subject of the project was "Things that happened in the 60s."  I thought the students chose well.

• Like 1