Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Sorry, his grammar is fine and you are a troll. You don't have a team? You must not be loyal to the high school you attended or are attending. Very sad either way. Also, you don't know STILLNUM1 so be careful who you call a little guy. You might be writing a check your #### can't cash.

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Its called the Oak Ridge 85 and the Clinton 12.  Both groups were honored last August at Scarboro Community Center by Gov. Bill Lee.  

Willie, not all of us are scared of our shadow like you, and did you really use hashtags to blur out the word "butt"? 

And OR cat, that is true but both groups were only honored at one high school in the entire county so... I guess Old man Joe didn't see the need since he just wanted to get to the end of his final glorious season. 

28 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Willie, not all of us are scared of our shadow like you, and did you really use hashtags to blur out the word "butt"? 

And OR cat, that is true but both groups were only honored at one high school in the entire county so... I guess Old man Joe didn't see the need since he just wanted to get to the end of his final glorious season. 

I would say Old man Joe realized that since there was a ceremony in August of 21 in Oak Ridge with the governor on hand that a second honoring just weeks later wasn't necessary, especially since Clinton did it for a second time also in August.  Do you think that a third ceremony in a row in a matter of weeks was really necessary.   C'mon man.  And Old man Joe still managed to beat Clinton even in the season of the worst record in OR football history.  What was that your boy said?  Sucks to suck?  YB, don't start acting like those people.  

10 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I would say Old man Joe realized that since there was a ceremony in August of 21 in Oak Ridge with the governor on hand that a second honoring just weeks later wasn't necessary, especially since Clinton did it for a second time also in August.  Do you think that a third ceremony in a row in a matter of weeks was really necessary.   C'mon man.  And Old man Joe still managed to beat Clinton even in the season of the worst record in OR football history.  What was that your boy said?  Sucks to suck?  YB, don't start acting like those people.  

Fair enough OR cat. Fair enough 

Pretty sure we honored the "85" during halftime of a game a few years ago. I remember some students, football players, as well as some of the faculty on the big screen monitor showing their respects to them in words. Also, just a few weeks ago, Rufus Shepherd, the first black sports player at OR (in any sport, I think)  in the 1960's was honored before a baseball game, and got to throw out the first pitch. 

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Pretty sure we honored the "85" during halftime of a game a few years ago. I remember some students, football players, as well as some of the faculty on the big screen monitor showing their respects to them in words. Also, just a few weeks ago, Rufus Shepherd, the first black sports player at OR (in any sport, I think)  in the 1960's was honored before a baseball game, and got to throw out the first pitch. 

I figured you'd chime in on this one SS.  On another subject,  I did hear where we have plans in the works this year to honor Walmart Bag Guy and BC Jr.  at halftime of a game.  

On a serious note, I think the ole man just might have it in him to make back into the stands for home games this year.  

3 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I figured you'd chime in on this one SS.  On another subject,  I did hear where we have plans in the works this year to honor Walmart Bag Guy and BC Jr.  at halftime of a game.  

On a serious note, I think the ole man just might have it in him to make back into the stands for home games this year.  

That's awesome news, my friend. I've missed him the past few seasons. I'll be sure to come see him and give him a big hello and welcome back. Good Lord willing.

Edited by SweetScience

Just now, SweetScience said:

And can't wait to be present during the recognition of both of those guys. What an incredible honor that will be. I'll be sure to put my hand over my heart during the anthem so bag guy doesn't kick my ayse.

I should have pushed him off that hill when he called me an imposter.  Said I was probably a South Doyle fan pretending to be an OR fan.  He's like, "Who's this guy?"  And then BC jr. asked me what I did for a living, and when I told him he challenged that, just refused to believe it, he said, "I'm gonna have to check into that".  Lol.  What a crew.  

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I should have pushed him off that hill when he called me an imposter.  Said I was probably a South Doyle fan pretending to be an OR fan.  He's like, "Who's this guy?"  And then BC jr. asked me what I did for a living, and when I told him he challenged that, just refused to believe it, he said, "I'm gonna have to check into that".  Lol.  What a crew.  

They are definitely something to behold, albeit not in a good way.