Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

6 hours ago, NoleNation3 said:

So your big plan is to throw crap out there about Oak Ridge and hope some people start to believe it? You want people to think Cummings is not doing a good job and having problems.If he wasn't a good coach you wouldn't be investing so much time into trying to bring him down.I just can't imagine being apart of such a laughing stock program but spending my time worried about anything else.You have a culture that is years of losing and beat downs to fix but continue to be infatuated with what SC is doing at Oak Ridge.You and military man need to quit worrying anybody else but Clinton.The purple pounders are coming to Clinton this yr and I wouldn't want y'all to choke on that cupcake again.Eat all your cupcakes and then you might be allowed to speak on a real program and be taken seriously.

Okay, sounds good OR cat...I mean, "Nolenation3"

56 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Okay, sounds good OR cat...I mean, "Nolenation3"

Wrong YB, I got one screen name.  You know me, why would I pull the screen name thing.  Plus you know I only Coach T between 8:30 and 3:45. C'mon bruh. 

Edited by oridgecat

OR Spring "Showcase" 5/17

Just curious, anyone attend the showcase? I heard a lot of mixed reviews but then again, it's Spring and not really a scrimmage per se.

Heard this: QBs aren't able to get the ball downfield, at all. Inaccurate and picked off repeatedly.

Offensive plays were basically jump balls and/or throw it down the field as far as you can throw it. Nothing looked tight, basically just a snap and QB standing waiting for someone to get open and massive heave down the field. Maybe a few receptions, more picks than receptions. Stale.

Lots of WRs but really only 3 that can run routes, catch and get up the field. I think we all know the 3 though heard that #17? was playing like it was real game. Smaller than usual but quick and tough.

1 punter who can absolutely boom the ball.

FG kicking wasn't anything to brag about.

Lineman were small aside from 1-2.

LBs were small and slower than usual.

DBs were tough to figure out since every pass was basically a jump ball.

That's about it.

Again, this is all second hand information but from what I gather, based on this info, going to be a very long season.

Just now, ORDT said:

OR Spring "Showcase" 5/17

Just curious, anyone attend the showcase? I heard a lot of mixed reviews but then again, it's Spring and not really a scrimmage per se.

Heard this: QBs aren't able to get the ball downfield, at all. Inaccurate and picked off repeatedly.

Offensive plays were basically jump balls and/or throw it down the field as far as you can throw it. Nothing looked tight, basically just a snap and QB standing waiting for someone to get open and massive heave down the field. Maybe a few receptions, more picks than receptions. Stale.

Lots of WRs but really only 3 that can run routes, catch and get up the field. I think we all know the 3 though heard that #17? was playing like it was real game. Smaller than usual but quick and tough.

1 punter who can absolutely boom the ball.

FG kicking wasn't anything to brag about.

Lineman were small aside from 1-2.

LBs were small and slower than usual.

DBs were tough to figure out since every pass was basically a jump ball.

That's about it.

Again, this is all second hand information but from what I gather, based on this info, going to be a very long season.

I don't know who you talked to but I don't agree with much of any of that.  I was there.  You have to remember that none of the guys that ran track were on the field.  Very few starters out there last night.  So, your source may not have known this and their expectations may have been a bit lofty.  The team we see in August will be night and day from what we saw last night.  Heyward and Rodgers were the two that stood out to me.  They both look stronger and faster.  #17 is junior Andrew Fererra.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

I don't know who you talked to but I don't agree with much of any of that.  I was there.  You have to remember that none of the guys that ran track were on the field.  Very few starters out there last night.  So, your source may not have known this and their expectations may have been a bit lofty.  The team we see in August will be night and day from what we saw last night.  Heyward and Rodgers were the two that stood out to me.  They both look stronger and faster.  #17 is junior Andrew Fererra.

Again, 2nd hand information.

Expectations were probably higher than normal but QBs making simple passes I guess is a normal expectation?

Track guys...that's right, but isnt that only 2 guys?

Would hope that the team in August is night and day to what I heard about the spring showcase.

Since you were there, can you provide a more accurate assessment?

38 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Is this Cleveland High School all over again?

In all serious, it sounds like Cummings tried to do everything he will not do in the regular season.  Most of his pass game is short play action passes that catch you in the wrong spot, so deep balls seems like he either wanted to keep it vanilla as he can, or work on the things he knows his offense is the worst at... 

If you run the veer, you have to be ready and able to throw it or you get beat all the time but he will use the hundley kid as a HB slot which will be most of his pass game and he was in track. 

34 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

In all serious, it sounds like Cummings tried to do everything he will not do in the regular season.  Most of his pass game is short play action passes that catch you in the wrong spot, so deep balls seems like he either wanted to keep it vanilla as he can, or work on the things he knows his offense is the worst at... 

If you run the veer, you have to be ready and able to throw it or you get beat all the time but he will use the hundley kid as a HB slot which will be most of his pass game and he was in track. 

Heard there was a blend of those short out passes however the QBs failed to deliver on those as well. I think the word is most of the passing plays resulted in the QB standing around looking for someone to get open. Wasnt there but didnt sound very pretty for a pass completion perspective.

2 minutes ago, ORDT said:

Heard there was a blend of those short out passes however the QBs failed to deliver on those as well. I think the word is most of the passing plays resulted in the QB standing around looking for someone to get open. Wasnt there but didnt sound very pretty for a pass completion perspective.

Guess losing their returning starter at QB has hurt their progress. 

2 minutes ago, YoungBuck said:

Guess losing their returning starter at QB has hurt their progress. 

Yes it most definitely has. 

4 minutes ago, ORDT said:

@oridgecat was there, hopefully he'll enlighten us with some sugar coating. 

Well, I was going to but what's the point.  Yall just want to run down the team and the program so nevermind.  

• Like 1