Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

49 minutes ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Of course, I do not attend practices but I did read a Tweet from our 6' 5" 4 Star, ranked # 16 in USA Punter. His summer camps are going well and he is progressing.

I hope he turns out to be better than than the guy who went to Duke to punt. That guy could boom them.

Trey McDonald. 

Well Garfield left ...  what's gonna happen now. He seemed to be making some progress changing the mind-set at ORHS.

Wonder how Cummings feels? The man that went and got him up and bails for Knox County. Oh Well we've been through worse we'll get through this.

WILDCAT PRIDE

29 minutes ago, bounder said:

Well Garfield left ...  what's gonna happen now. He seemed to be making some progress changing the mind-set at ORHS.

Wonder how Cummings feels? The man that went and got him up and bails for Knox County. Oh Well we've been through worse we'll get through this.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Where'd he go? Very surprising!!

Garfield took a Asst Superintendent job at Knox County schools.

I guess Clinton cause it's close and both schools hate each other. haha Lots of ole time rivalry between the two schools. Some good and some not so good. We've play them since our first year in 1944 or 45.

As far as Dobyns Bennett it's been a good rivalry for years but it sure is a long drive back to the Ridge when if we lose. It may have run it's course, with DB being 6A we may need to stay more in our 5A class. Gaddis loved playing DB but the new coach may not care so much. Great fans on both sides everybody respects each other. Plus when we go to Kingsport we get to go to Pals! 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, blazer1set said:

Hoping a hard-core OR fan can answer this....  Who is Oak Ridge's biggest rival?     Also, what do you think about the Dobyns Bennett game, does that generate any excitement?

Ive always loved playing DB but it has lost its luster in last 4 or 5 years.It was big time when we was in the same class.Even with some big games vs DB Ive never had the dislike for them like I do for some teams.It has always been a class program with nice fans.Clinton should be our biggest rival but after so many blow outs it died down for a while.But with the new coach and his antics I think it will be fun for a couple of years.Any time Clinton thinks they are going to win it makes it good.I really think the Powell game has been gaining steam.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2022 at 11:50 AM, blazer1set said:

Hoping a hard-core OR fan can answer this....  Who is Oak Ridge's biggest rival?     Also, what do you think about the Dobyns Bennett game, does that generate any excitement?

I hope the DB vs OR rivalry continues, it's been a very good one, OR has been on the short end the last couple of years, although I thought OR really blew a chance to win the last two years. Friends in Kingsport have told me with the appearance of West Ridge, that the game might be in jeopardy next scheduling contract period and I am not sure what Coach Cummings here thinks about playing since he has not experience with the rivalry. There is also the possibility that Oak Ridge moves up to 6A in 2023 since the enrollment is rising and last time it was right on the very top edge of 5A, I hope we keep playing each other. 

On 6/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, bounder said:

Garfield took a Asst Superintendent job at Knox County schools.

I guess Clinton cause it's close and both schools hate each other. haha Lots of ole time rivalry between the two schools. Some good and some not so good. We've play them since our first year in 1944 or 45.

As far as Dobyns Bennett it's been a good rivalry for years but it sure is a long drive back to the Ridge when if we lose. It may have run it's course, with DB being 6A we may need to stay more in our 5A class. Gaddis loved playing DB but the new coach may not care so much. Great fans on both sides everybody respects each other. Plus when we go to Kingsport we get to go to Pals! 

From what I know about Oak Ridge history they officially started football in 1944 and first game was a win at Harriman 13-6 on September 22nd but they played Clinton on the 26th of October and won 32-0 at Oak ridge. Papers however say they played each other in 1943 twice and Clinton won both games 20-0 and 18-0. Now with so many people from that time period now gone the only way to find out is to have a seance to find out.

Edited by BarneySox2007

42 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

From what I know about Oak Ridge history they officially started football in 1944 and first game was a win at Harriman 13-6 on September 22nd but they played Clinton on the 26th of October and won 32-0 at Oak ridge. Papers however say they played each other in 1943 twice and Clinton won both games 20-0 and 18-0. Now with so many people from that time period now gone the only way to find out is to have a seance to find out.

When it comes to Oak Ridge High History I rely on the Voice of the Wildcats David Clary. I think he has us first playing football in 1943 with Clinton winning twice over Oak Ridge in that first season.

Have a GREAT season Barney.