Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

On 8/1/2022 at 4:22 PM, SweetScience said:

Well, the usuals like Mairvul and Alcoa, of course. And of course Powell and West should be top notch in 5A, with possibly OR being a dark horse candidate. If we can find some linemen on both sides, I think we’ll surprise some folks. That’s a big IF at this point in time though.

I believe that Powell has to be the favorite but this is the most talented OR team I've seen since 2005. I can't believe Gaddis walked away from this team but I'm glad that he did. We have a coach now who has energy, who beat Fulton worse than I've ever seen them beaten, and I think will surprise the fans tonight with a very competitive scrimmage against Maryville. So good riddance Gaddis, you should've left years ago, and welcome Cummings!  

On 8/2/2022 at 12:30 PM, GaddyDaddy said:

Told that boy all along The Oak is the place to be. Had a great time with him at Big Daddys one evening and the decision was made. Sucks you can't go to football camp or send your son to football camp with out something disturbing happening to them. 

You're not wrong.  'Disturbing ' is being polite about it.  I can't believe charges weren't filed.  There was no accountability for the ones involved.  

I for one hope the kid balls out all 4 years and leads OR to the ship. 

I'm rooting against my former school as long as the current admin is in place. 

17 minutes ago, FormerMav said:

You're not wrong.  'Disturbing ' is being polite about it.  I can't believe charges weren't filed.  There was no accountability for the ones involved.  

I for one hope the kid balls out all 4 years and leads OR to the ship. 

I'm rooting against my former school as long as the current admin is in place. 

We talking about the current frosh QB that came from Norris? Not sure what happened (I’ve heard conflicting reports), but whatever it was, it doesn’t sound very good on Gillum’s end.

3 hours ago, bonkers said:

I believe that Powell has to be the favorite but this is the most talented OR team I've seen since 2005. I can't believe Gaddis walked away from this team but I'm glad that he did. We have a coach now who has energy, who beat Fulton worse than I've ever seen them beaten, and I think will surprise the fans tonight with a very competitive scrimmage against Maryville. So good riddance Gaddis, you should've left years ago, and welcome Cummings!  

Oak Ridge always has talent and athletes but how are the lineman in the trenches?  Thats where championships are won and what OR has been lacking

53 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Oak Ridge always has talent and athletes but how are the lineman in the trenches?  Thats where championships are won and what OR has been lacking

That’s the big question mark. But what else is new? I can guarantee one thing though. Whoever they (linemen) end up being, they will have at least hit the weights, be coached up good, and play with more of an edge than they have the past 10 or so years. Excluding a few select seasons, Gaddis’ lines were as soft as the pillsbury doughboy.

Edited by SweetScience

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

That’s the big question mark. But what else is new? I can guarantee one thing though. Whoever they (linemen) end up being, they will have at least hit the weights, be coached up good, and play with more of an edge than they have the past 10 or so years. Excluding a few select seasons, Gaddis’ lines were as soft as the pillsbury doughboy.

I agree!