Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

18 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Knox County is going to a new model this year where the AD is not an assistant principal.  They are essentially teachers who have limited teaching responsibilities and take care of all of the AD responsibilities and are paid a supplement to be the AD similar to a coaching supplement. 

The idea is to free up the assistant principals to do administrator level duties. 

Edited by HTV

On 8/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, boyfromsi said:

8-2 is very douable.  It's definitely more hybrid.  Lot's of formations.

Its another tuff schedule.If Cummings turns the team I watched last year into a team that good he should win coach of yr in the state.New QB and all new players upfont on both sides of the ball.Plus new coaches with new offense and defense.I would love to see it but just hope to see improvement every week.Maybe we can have a team that can be good enough to win some playoff games by end of year.I have no doubt we are in great shape with this staff for future but I hope people dont expect miracles to fast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ORDT said:

So let me get this straight. Coach Miner now the HC, Coach Wyatt the OC plus countless other very good former OR staff on the football coaching staff....now toss in Principal Adams leaving and now Coach Mullins the AD.

What's going at OR?

Changing of the guard/good ole boy system sounds like to me. I don’t have a problem with it myself. Change can be good. We shall see. BTW, Adams got a significant hike in pay from my understanding, so anybody in their right mind was gonna entertain that, long time OR ties or not. You know full well how that goes. $$$ talks. Cummings of course wasn’t gonna retain every coach from the previous staff, so Miner took them with him, which isn’t surprising at all. The Mullins ordeal is kinda strange though, I admit.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Changing of the guard/good ole boy system sounds like to me. I don’t have a problem with it myself. Change can be good. We shall see. BTW, Adams got a significant hike in pay from my understanding, so anybody in their right mind was gonna entertain that, long time OR ties or not. You know full well how that goes. $$$ talks. Cummings of course wasn’t gonna retain every coach from the previous staff, so Miner took them with him, which isn’t surprising at all. The Mullins ordeal is kinda strange though, I admit.

Knox County pays well - once you can get in to Central office.  Otherwise, not so well.  

I know some of you might not like hearing this, but the high taxation in the City of Oak Ridge is keeping a lot of folks from either staying or settling there.  The schools are still very good, but there are other good options now with some of the near by public and private options.  

Education is a completely different animal now than what it was 10/20 years ago.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, HTV said:

I know some of you might not like hearing this, but the high taxation in the City of Oak Ridge is keeping a lot of folks from either staying or settling there.  The schools are still very good, but there are other good options now with some of the near by public and private options. 

This was certainly the case for my household. The city of OR is doing very little to attract young professionals/families to settle in OR, even those who work ~40 hours/week in OR.