Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

12 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Ron has always been good with the offensive lines whereever he has coached, Looking forward an offensive line like we had the last time he coached here in 2004.

True, not to take anything away from Coach Gray, but look at look at some of the guys that we were fortunate to have on the team during that time.

Running backs:  Spencer Guilmire, Daniel Johnson, Jake Vane, Leonard Blair

Lineman: Eli Manning, Josh Whaley, Tyler Lane, Tyler Trent, Alex Stuart, James Normand

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, oridgecat said:

True, not to take anything away from Coach Gray, but look at look at some of the guys that we were fortunate to have on the team during that time.

Running backs:  Spencer Guilmire, Daniel Johnson, Jake Vane, Leonard Blair

Lineman: Eli Manning, Josh Whaley, Tyler Lane, Tyler Trent, Alex Stuart, James Normand

I think that era was the last time that Oak Ridge was able to play with a full deck. It always seemed every year after that we were missing a piece, whether it be the lines, secondary, receivers, etc. and we didn't have the depth we had in those years ,2003-2005. Hopefully, with more people moving into town and more homes being built, will also help Coach Cummings build some depth, as he has said. He doesn't want players having to go both ways and some guys having to play 48 minutes each night, I think Coach Gray will do a great job in building that depth in the offensive line so injuries can be covered and guys be fresh in the 4th quarter, 

8 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

I think that era was the last time that Oak Ridge was able to play with a full deck. It always seemed every year after that we were missing a piece, whether it be the lines, secondary, receivers, etc. and we didn't have the depth we had in those years ,2003-2005. Hopefully, with more people moving into town and more homes being built, will also help Coach Cummings build some depth, as he has said. He doesn't want players having to go both ways and some guys having to play 48 minutes each night, I think Coach Gray will do a great job in building that depth in the offensive line so injuries can be covered and guys be fresh in the 4th quarter, 

I thought Coach Blade did a good job building depth.He didnt play a lot of guys both ways and that is why Im excited about Coach Cummings.I just wish it was close to kickoff already.Are teams allowed to have a spring scrimmage vs other teams.I remember Tees last yr we scrimmaged Seymour at UT but I dont remember us doing it since then.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I thought Coach Blade did a good job building depth.He didnt play a lot of guys both ways and that is why Im excited about Coach Cummings.I just wish it was close to kickoff already.Are teams allowed to have a spring scrimmage vs other teams.I remember Tees last yr we scrimmaged Seymour at UT but I dont remember us doing it since then.

Yes we can have Spring scrimmages but the last couple of years with Covid, they elected not to do one. I don't know if one is planned for this spring yet,

• Like 1

On 2/8/2022 at 8:59 AM, oridgecat said:

2020 there was no spring practice. In 2021, T$$AA limited and restricted what bball and baseball were allowed to do, so they did the same for football and did not allow a spring scrimmage.  2022, we are allowed one spring scrimmage against another team.  

Great let me know anybody hears of one for this year.Have we done one since the Seymour scrimmage