Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

12 hours ago, bounder said:

Willie glad you're keeping up with this , my great grand son is still running track in middle school and can't work with the team yet.  But summer's coming and he'll be in the weight room at the high school then

WILDCAT PRIDE.

I've read and seen on Twitter a few things about the Rams Track team having a good season.

On 4/11/2022 at 12:03 AM, STILLNUM1 said:

Any news on any spring scrimmage?

StillNum, There will not be a spring scrimmage this year.  There are around 25 players not participating in football this spring  because of track and baseball.  There will be an open practice day with drills and competitions on the last day of practice May 17.  The team will be bussing to Blankenship for all spring practices due to the renovation of Ben Martin Track.  

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

StillNum, There will not be a spring scrimmage this year.  There are around 25 players not participating in football this spring  because of track and baseball.  There will be an open practice day with drills and competitions on the last day of practice May 17.  The team will be bussing to Blankenship for all spring practices due to the renovation of Ben Martin Track.  

Does having around 25 player worry anyone? I like the idea that football players are out for track and baseball but I was hoping with a new coach coming in the students would be excited and come out in droves. Especially a coach who has said he wants to prepare as many players as he can to be ready to play in games.

Oh, well I'm not going to get caught up with all this stuff. Not going to rock the boat this year.

4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Does having around 25 player worry anyone? I like the idea that football players are out for track and baseball but I was hoping with a new coach coming in the students would be excited and come out in droves. Especially a coach who has said he wants to prepare as many players as he can to be ready to play in games.

Oh, well I'm not going to get caught up with all this stuff. Not going to rock the boat this year.

Carlton Flatt was one of the most successful football coaches ever in Tennessee. Carlton had a philosophy that if the football players were not playing baseball or soccer they were required to run track.  It’s my understanding that they would go into the weight room for 1.5 hours after school and then practice track for 1 hour.  

On 4/12/2022 at 2:12 PM, oridgecat said:

Thanks for info

I just checked to see what free sports articles the Oak Ridger.com had online. They happend to have 8 photos from the 1958 State / National Oak Ridge High Championship team. Check them out.

There was one wild picture that I have never seen or heard about.  The Legendary Bear Byrant of Alabama was in attendance at the Chattanooga Central at Oak Ridgel game that was won by the Wildcats giving them the Championships. I still can't believe I married a Chattanooga Central girl. Don't worry though, she is now a Wildcat fan. I saw to that right away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1