Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, YoungBuck said:

I think this info is incorrect

Idk YB. Coach told me again today Rogers is practicing and working hard.   We are losing a senior wr though, not named Rogers.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Like you said, the A B A thing isn't going to work anyway.   I do know this much, if he is planning to leave, he hasn't mentioned it to anybody on the coaching staff to this point.  He is practicing and wearing cardinal jersey #1.  You can see him for yourself, in the flesh at Blankenship at Tuesday's practice.  

Edited by oridgecat

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Idk YB. Coach told me again today Rogers is practicing and working hard.   We are losing a senior wr though, not named Rogers.  I guess we will have to wait and see.  Like you said, the A B A thing isn't going to work anyway.   I do know this much, if he is planning to leave, he hasn't mentioned it to anybody on the coaching staff to this point.  He is practicing and wearing cardinal jersey #1.  You can see him for yourself, in the flesh at Blankenship at Tuesday's practice.  

You may be right Cat, I just heard he was the one looking at TKA but you know how things change with kids from day to day.  I hope he stays with you all and performs well.  He is a good kid that has just been a little misguided by the wrong adults in the past. 

I hope the numbers pick up for the start of practice in the fall. Not sure how many are in track and baseball, those returning in July will help some and the freshman will be out in July when they start. I know Coach Cummings wants to get away from two-way starters, but that may be a stretch until the numbers rise some.  I am wondering how the defense will be, Brian Kelly will certainly be a force at linebacker and hopefully will get some help. I'm wondering what style of defense Coach Ayers will play ?  Coach Miner always played the read and wait defense like Coach Lussier did and it was very successful most of the time unless OR was completely outmanned like against Summitt in 2020 and Powell and Greeneville last year. I think Coach Ron Gray will do a nice job with the offensive line if he gets enough big guys to work with. Quarterback should be wide open with Tarwater gone, I hear there are at least 3 vying for that job and next year's QB will be more run and throw balanced I would think.

The schedule again is absolutely brutal, but hopefully we should get off to a better start against South-Doyle and Bearden, Clinton lost some good players last year, but their program is headed in the right direction, and that game is at Blankenship, Farragut will be a tossup and will be a big game here at Blankenship. Lenoir City should be a win, then a bye and on to mighty Powell, which will return quite a few starters from last year's 5A Championship team, that will be a tough game to win and the toughest game on the schedule, but it must be noted that Coach Cummings Halls team last season had a 7-7 tie with them going into the last few minutes with the ball, but a fumble, recovered by Powell gave them a short field and the winning score. Greeneville will be coming here and while they lost 20 seniors, they have that program built up enough to still be quite good, that would be a big win for OR at home.  Karns comes into town for a Thursday night Packer Vision TV Game, Deshaun Bishop will be back and again be tough to handle, but the Beavers lost several good players to graduation, word is Tarwater will be playing for the Beavers next season, so that should be interesting. The Wildcats close with two road trips to Kingsport DB, which should be improved over last season, and Campbell County which will sling the ball around and test the defense. OR was 3-7 against this schedule last season. but I never thought that team was as bad as the record, given they lost several linemen to injuries early and with the exception of the Powell and Greeneville games, the margins were one score or less. SO, I look for this team to reverse that record, say 7-3 or 8-2 going into the playoffs, with losses to Powell and DB and Farragut as a tossup game. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:40 AM, YoungBuck said:

I can appreciate your excitement. He is a good coach, but I think everyone knows he is only as good as his Defensive Coordinator. He scores points but most of OR games will turn into shoot outs… if he has any players left by August 

Why are you coming on here trying to be negative about Oak Ridge?Do you have something against Oak Ridge or Coach Cummings.Who is your team? Just trying to figure out where all your comments are coming from?I seen where somebody said something about Clinton to you but surely a Clinton fan wouldnt be trying Oak Ridge

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

Why are you coming on here trying to be negative about Oak Ridge?Do you have something against Oak Ridge or Coach Cummings.Who is your team? Just trying to figure out where all your comments are coming from?I seen where somebody said something about Clinton to you but surely a Clinton fan wouldnt be trying Oak Ridge

I just thought this was a place to exchange ideas about programs in our area?  Not trying to be negative.  I guess when it comes to OR we can only discuss the positive things?

11 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

And God forbid a Clinton fan "Try" OR. It is those comments by OR fans that make most teams in the area not like OR.  What has OR done in the last decade besides beat West on a lucky call to cake walk into a state game? 

1 minute ago, YoungBuck said:

I saw/heard from a friend that Garza had a good showcase day on Saturday in Nashville.  Heard the WRs are already calling him QB1

He seems to be the most consistent passer of the three, but the other two seem a little better at the option stuff.