Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Usually it can be found on BBBTV12.com, but last nights show is not on there.  The episode with the shout outs has been taken down as well.   But yeah, I watched the show.  Looks to me like Cat fans can look forward to more of the same.  Joe says he's coming back and everything appears business as usual.   And don't expect much gains in the weight room.  He says we don't have a paid position for strength and conditioning coach.  This is a new thing in Knox Co.  Last year was the first year of that.  Seems to me with 10 coaches they could find a way to divide up weight room responsibilities among the staff and make it a mandatory part of being on the Oak Ridge football team.    

Knox Co has had a coaching stipend for a strength and conditioning coach at each school for at least the past decade. I understand this supplement was originally to be used for paying an athletic trainer but those are provided by the local ortho clinic as part of an outreach program. I am totally surprised to hear that Oak Ridge does not at the very least have a stipend for this position that could go to a teacher/coach that holds some type of weight room certification. I think that is a shame for not only the football players but all of the student-athletes involved in sports at ORHS.

1 minute ago, LEFTYKNOX said:

Knox Co has had a coaching stipend for a strength and conditioning coach at each school for at least the past decade. I understand this supplement was originally to be used for paying an athletic trainer but those are provided by the local ortho clinic as part of an outreach program. I am totally surprised to hear that Oak Ridge does not at the very least have a stipend for this position that could go to a teacher/coach that holds some type of weight room certification. I think that is a shame for not only the football players but all of the student-athletes involved in sports at ORHS.

Exactly!  There is no excuse.  There are lots of different ways to make that happen if it were a real priority.  How can mandatory weight training for football players especially not be a top priority, not only to be strong enough to compete but this is the day and age of player safety.