Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

When it comes to Oak Ridge High History I rely on the Voice of the Wildcats David Clary. I think he has us first playing football in 1943 with Clinton winning twice over Oak Ridge in that first season.

Have a GREAT season Barney.

To go back on many teams and research history is extremely hard before 1950 because the papers depended on someone like the coach to call it in which some did at times and didn't others Those that didn't must be the grandparents of the kids that show up at work one day and not the other today would be my guess.

Edited by BarneySox2007

TEE HIGGINS    CLEMSON   +++   CINCINNATI   MERCH SALE

I offered this to Clary but have not heard back, yet.

Items for sale and an estimate I paid for them...these have yet to be signed by Tee

Clemson Tee Higgins National Champs #5 Jersey Size 4XL   $135.00

Clemson Mini Helmet  $35.00

Cincinnati Mini Helmet  $35.00

Cincinnati 4XL Pullover Hoodie with Tee Higgins graphics  $30.00

Cincinnati 4XL Pullover Hoodie with Bengal graphics $30.00

Cincinnati # 85  4 XL  2020 Jersey ( White body / Orange shoulders ) $135.00

Cincinnati Water Shoes Size Large FREE...I am a Size 11 foot and they will NOT stay on.

Cincinnati Socks Size Large for FREE...Worn once fit tight.

Cincinnati Iron-on Tropical Bengal face for FREE.

I paid over  $500 for all of this and you get it for $200. 

I'm asking for $200 for all. That is CHEAP for almost never worn products for $200. I want to sell to an Oak Ridge Fan  / Coacht.com fan /  Cincinnati fan. Oak Ridge people get a discount.

If you can get Tee Higgins to autograph the items Mini Helmets signed sell for around $100, Hoodies for $70.00 and Jerseys go up to over $150.00.

My wife is willing to take pictures and post items on here if requested. 

Reason for selling is I have seven pieces of merch I want to display nicely and will use this money to do it. This is a first and only time event that I will do something like this. If there is mistakes in this post, I am sorry and will try to make it right.

Edited by WillieTheWildcats
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 10:54 PM, bounder said:

I saw Stansberry play against Jefferson last year. The game was over to Clinton's field. He seemed really good for a 8th grader but then I was watching the Great Grandboy get a shot at starting running back for Jefferson. Do remember he could really hum the old football. Hope he decides to come to Oak Ridge, it'd be a good move for everybody involved.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Talking about potential OR QBs, l heard that former QB Tarwarter is trying to get back in OR good graces. Maybe if this new kid from Norris goes to OR the QB room is to crowded and Tarwarter  doesn't get to come back? Also heard that some former OR players that now coach at Clinton are trying to get Tarwarter to Clinton. Maybe the kid doesn't even play next year.

53 minutes ago, BigTime1950 said:

Talking about potential OR QBs, l heard that former QB Tarwarter is trying to get back in OR good graces. Maybe if this new kid from Norris goes to OR the QB room is to crowded and Tarwarter  doesn't get to come back? Also heard that some former OR players that now coach at Clinton are trying to get Tarwarter to Clinton. Maybe the kid doesn't even play next year.

I hope Tarwater gets reinstated, I understand he has made amends and those were accepted by team and coaches, now it's up to the administration to reinstate him. You can't have enough quarterbacks because of potential injuries. He is a senior with a year's starting experience under his belt against the same teams OR will play this season. Him being out there will make the other QBs better through practice competition and the freshman really needs to play his freshman season on the freshman team to be ready to step up in 2023. 

5 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Wasn't Tarwater hoping to move up the basketball roster this winter?

Tarwater quit basketball during the middle part of the season this past season. In regards to him coming back: I’m afraid even if he did he wouldn’t be the starter now, he’s lost a bunch of time being out. Never hurts to have depth, though.

Edited by SweetScience

18 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Tarwater quit basketball during the middle part of the season this past season. In regards to him coming back: I’m afraid even if he did he wouldn’t be the starter now, he’s lost a bunch of time being out. Never hurts to have depth, though.

Right now the QB job seems wide open, all have different skills, some throw well, some run well, but none with both skills real well, Tarwater would get a shot, he is more on the throwing side than the running side, I still think #4 from the JV last year has a good shot to play a lot, he can both run and throw, but I think he missed spring ball for either track or baseball, 

3 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Right now the QB job seems wide open, all have different skills, some throw well, some run well, but none with both skills real well, Tarwater would get a shot, he is more on the throwing side than the running side, I still think #4 from the JV last year has a good shot to play a lot, he can both run and throw, but I think he missed spring ball for either track or baseball, 

Elmore I think is that kids name. And yes, a really good looking athlete.

Went to a 7 on 7 tonight Alcoa, Halls, Greeneville and Oak Ridge were up to "The Ship" and all looked pretty good.Some flashes and some flubs by all. Tonight probably answered some questions and brought up some more. 

Best of all was watching the Great Grandson catch a big ole pass and outrun everybody for a touchdown!  Like Clint says "Make My Day!"