Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

1 hour ago, bounder said:

Went to a 7 on 7 tonight Alcoa, Halls, Greeneville and Oak Ridge were up to "The Ship" and all looked pretty good.Some flashes and some flubs by all. Tonight probably answered some questions and brought up some more. 

Best of all was watching the Great Grandson catch a big ole pass and outrun everybody for a touchdown!  Like Clint says "Make My Day!"

Bounder, that is awesome for your Great grandson. I bet you and your wife were very proud of him. Oak Ridge has some tough scrimmages ahead and I hope he continues his progression.

5 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

As a follow up, I heard yesterday that Tarwater will indeed be going to Karns next season, don’t know what happened with efforts to come back to OR next season.

I wish him the best and hope he has the type of year at Karns that earns him a place in college. I don't know anything about what brought this all about but I do know he grinded hard for OR and I will always be behind him. Even if it means cheering for Karns.

Now, enough of Karns. I am a Wildcat Superfan. I cannot wait for the Lenior City game and my Class of 1982's 40th Reunion. This will be the first reunion I have attended and I am a little uneasy how it will go. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:37 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

From what I know about Oak Ridge history they officially started football in 1944 and first game was a win at Harriman 13-6 on September 22nd but they played Clinton on the 26th of October and won 32-0 at Oak ridge. Papers however say they played each other in 1943 twice and Clinton won both games 20-0 and 18-0. Now with so many people from that time period now gone the only way to find out is to have a seance to find out.

Barn you are correct, the '43 team went 0-4 with two losses to Clinton at City Field.  

Edited by oridgecat

Im ready for some real football.Time to put the flags away and start hitting people.This could be such a fun year if we can get the Oline up to par.Weapons all over the place and different types of skill guys.I look forward to seeing what Coach C runs on offense with this group.Looks to me like Sharp will be QB1 to start season but still time left.We are so close to finding out a lot about this team and new staff.Ive been very impressed by the new staff so far.RWR