Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Honestly, I'd love for him to go out on his own terms. Given what he's accomplished in his career, I think he's earned that right. But if he's ultimately going to be a detriment the longer he stays, OR has to pull the plug.

I feel he deserves that right too. Trust me, I’m as upset as anybody with the way this season has gone, but for all the success he’s had @ OR, and all the time and effort he has put into the OR program, he absolutely deserves that right. I know ORC won’t like to hear that, but I do agree with you.

58 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I feel he deserves that right too. Trust me, I’m as upset as anybody with the way this season has gone, but for all the success he’s had @ OR, and all the time and effort he has put into the OR program, he absolutely deserves that right. I know ORC won’t like to hear that, but I do agree with you.

I just want whoever is in charge of the program to run it in a fashion that gives us a chance to be competitive and improve as the season goes along.  They will have to take a long hard look at the way they are doing things/and not doing things.  Because what they did this preseason/season, ain't never gonna put a team in position to compete for championships.   I don't think anybody that has watched this team can disagree with that.  

Edited by oridgecat

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I just want whoever is in charge of the program to run it in a fashion that gives us a chance to be competitive and improve as the season goes along.  They will have to take a long hard look at the way they are doing things/and not doing things.  Because what they did this preseason/season, ain't never gonna put a team in position to compete for championships.   I don't think anybody that has watched this team can disagree with that.  

If there is someone on that staff who is the "heir apparent", maybe you let Gaddis play out the string next season while allowing the coach in waiting to transition into that role. Might allow Gaddis to bow out gracefully. I'm not familiar enough with the OR staff to know if there is someone ready to step into the HC seat immediately, but that could be one way to handle this.

5 hours ago, oridgecat said:

Not so fast my friend.  HE says he's coming back.  There are others in the mix that disagree with his take.  

In talking to several people tied to that program, but independent from each other, I do sense that there is a bit of a power struggle going on right now.  

And that's not good for anybody.  Everybody needs to get on the same page and move on for the good of the kids in the program.  

More times than not adults infighting can really screw things up badly for the kids, and that's sheer selfishness, IMO.  

Edited by HTV

11 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

Anybody know if the Gaddis Show has been posted online yet? Had someone tell me it was an hour long excuse show. Would love to be my on judge. 

I'll take a try at showing where last night's show can be found..

Go to   bbbtv12.com

Click on the 3 bars on upper left side

Click on "Watch BBBTV12 Programing."

Go down the right side of the page and click on " Next page. " Look for the small window that says Coachs Corner with Coach Joe Gaddis.

Since some people have already given their opinion on this subject we will give ours..

Steve Palmer...Keep Coach Joe Gaddis

Willie's Wife... Keep Coach Gaddis

15 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I'll take a try at showing where last night's show can be found..

Go to   bbbtv12.com

Click on the 3 bars on upper left side

Click on "Watch BBBTV12 Programing."

Go down the right side of the page and click on " Next page. " Look for the small window that says Coachs Corner with Coach Joe Gaddis.

Since some people have already given their opinion on this subject we will give ours..

Steve Palmer...Keep Coach Joe Gaddis

Willie's Wife... Keep Coach Gaddis

I'll do you one better.  Here is a link to the show.  https://boxcast.tv/view/coaches-corner-with-joe-gaddis-618974

Thank you all for watching the show. I have done that show or one similar with five different Oak Ridge coaches over the years and last night was not an excuses show but a true reality show. Coach made no excuses for the season, he took full responsibility. I brought up the reality of the shortcomings of this team. I never blame our kids because they are just that, kids. This team gave their all but honestly they were not as loaded with as much talent as you would believe by reading this. Great kids, big hearts but not the most talented group. Mainly because of a lack of experience in important areas and depth. Next year you will see this same group minus our ten seniors, yes just ten seniors,  play much better than this season. Write it down.  I feel for the ten that are leaving us. I just have to remind people that just last season we were in the State Championship Game. Better days are ahead. David Clary

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DCCATVOICE said:

Thank you all for watching the show. I have done that show or one similar with five different Oak Ridge coaches over the years and last night was not an excuses show but a true reality show. Coach made no excuses for the season, he took full responsibility. I brought up the reality of the shortcomings of this team. I never blame our kids because they are just that, kids. This team gave their all but honestly they were not as loaded with as much talent as you would believe by reading this. Great kids, big hearts but not the most talented group. Mainly because of a lack of experience in important areas and depth. Next year you will see this same group minus our ten seniors, yes just ten seniors,  play much better than this season. Write it down.  I feel for the ten that are leaving us. I just have to remind people that just last season we were in the State Championship Game. Better days are ahead. David Clary

I agree with David, we have a lot of good players coming back, with a year's experience and good off season work, next year's team should be much better. Lets keep in mind this team lost most of the games they lost by one score margins, only Powell and Greeneville, which were the two best on the schedule, beat OR by more.  It was a pretty tough schedule, with Greeneville being loaded (20 Seniors) and Powell in mid season, even teams like Karns and Campbell County had better teams than normal. Next year we have the same schedule, just home games flipped. 

• Like 1