Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

5STARPREP has a small article on the OR vs Fulton scrum. The best thing about the article is it left off names like Hundley, Rodgers, Hayward and Mitchell. We all know they can play with the best in Tennessee. We want to hear names from people we are hoping to step up and play. RWR!

For. The. Ridge !

PS.

Over on Twiiter,

Peyton Sharpe has been a leader over there. Coach Mitchell pipes in to say good words to the players. Lots of short videos have aired. Stansberry (new QB) has slowed his posting way down. I miss his work because the kid is going to be freaking awesome for the next four years.

LINEMEN....It appears we still have a ways to go. We will start a Defensive line with zero snaps ever taken in a game. That sounds spooky. Only two staters on the Offensive line have taken varsity reps. Just as spooky. BUT WE WILL SURVIVE. HEY HEY!

34 minutes ago, ILB1999WHS said:

The rush looked good against Fulton's tiny line.

Yeah, but it’s not like our OL. Is massive by any means. We always have tiny lines ourselves. But we’ll really have an opportunity to see where we stand when the big Rebs from Maryville come to town Friday. I’m expecting a beat down haha.

27 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Yeah, but it’s not like our OL. Is massive by any means. We always have tiny lines ourselves. But we’ll really have an opportunity to see where we stand when the big Rebs from Maryville come to town Friday. I’m expecting a beat down haha.

Hopefully there's video.  I can't get down yalls way for a while, I hear theres lot of good teams down in knoxville this year.

1 hour ago, ILB1999WHS said:

Hopefully there's video.  I can't get down yalls way for a while, I hear theres lot of good teams down in knoxville this year.

Well, the usuals like Mairvul and Alcoa, of course. And of course Powell and West should be top notch in 5A, with possibly OR being a dark horse candidate. If we can find some linemen on both sides, I think we’ll surprise some folks. That’s a big IF at this point in time though.

Edited by SweetScience

Oak Ridge looked good vs Fulton.Far from where they wanna be but at least have some real weapons to build on.We have sucked in scrimmages for as long as I can remember so it felt good to not look bad.The years run together but it seems like Fulton was tiny last year and took it to us in a scrimmage.You cant tell a whole lot from these scrimmages but you can tell we have alot of dudes that can make plays.The good news is with this coaching staff I think we will get better every week until its over.Ready for that first real game and to hear the band playing roll wildcats roll.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

I wish him the best and hope he has the type of year at Karns that earns him a place in college. I don't know anything about what brought this all about but I do know he grinded hard for OR and I will always be behind him. Even if it means cheering for Karns.

Now, enough of Karns. I am a Wildcat Superfan. I cannot wait for the Lenior City game and my Class of 1982's 40th Reunion. This will be the first reunion I have attended and I am a little uneasy how it will go. 

That was a special group with a lot of memories. 

On 6/2/2022 at 10:54 PM, bounder said:

I saw Stansberry play against Jefferson last year. The game was over to Clinton's field. He seemed really good for a 8th grader but then I was watching the Great Grandboy get a shot at starting running back for Jefferson. Do remember he could really hum the old football. Hope he decides to come to Oak Ridge, it'd be a good move for everybody involved.

WILDCAT PRIDE

Told that boy all along The Oak is the place to be. Had a great time with him at Big Daddys one evening and the decision was made. Sucks you can't go to football camp or send your son to football camp with out something disturbing happening to them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/13/2022 at 1:12 PM, bounder said:

Garfield took a Asst Superintendent job at Knox County schools.

I guess Clinton cause it's close and both schools hate each other. haha Lots of ole time rivalry between the two schools. Some good and some not so good. We've play them since our first year in 1944 or 45.

As far as Dobyns Bennett it's been a good rivalry for years but it sure is a long drive back to the Ridge when if we lose. It may have run it's course, with DB being 6A we may need to stay more in our 5A class. Gaddis loved playing DB but the new coach may not care so much. Great fans on both sides everybody respects each other. Plus when we go to Kingsport we get to go to Pals! 

Playing Kingsport makes us better don't let anyone tell you any different, It would be great to have another in county game as well, Pals was always good after a win,

Oak Ridge vs Maryville...

I like our offense to make progress from the Fulton scrimmage. Coach Cummings focused on the running game and getting our linemen to toughen up. I expect more of the same with a little more passing game thrown in. NOT a lot of passing but some more..

The most difficult part of the scrimmage will be stopping the Maryville run. They are loaded in the running  game. Brian Kelly will have to do a great job and lead the inexperienced linemen and LBs.

I'm rooting for all 3 QBs and hopping Peyton Sharp starts to solidify the job. He has the most reps but the other QBs need to see some time for this season and the next two years. Building depth could bring multiple championships to the Ship.

RWR!             For. The. Ridge!

On 7/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, WillieTheWildcats said:

I wish him the best and hope he has the type of year at Karns that earns him a place in college. I don't know anything about what brought this all about but I do know he grinded hard for OR and I will always be behind him. Even if it means cheering for Karns.

Now, enough of Karns. I am a Wildcat Superfan. I cannot wait for the Lenior City game and my Class of 1982's 40th Reunion. This will be the first reunion I have attended and I am a little uneasy how it will go. 

The Tarwater kid filmed himself using racial slurs not necessarily aimed at the OR players but racial slurs were still said and the video came out and OR had to let him go.