Oak Ridge High School Football 2022

CardinalGrey

28 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I was on my way until I saw Noah's Ark out on Alcoa Highway loading up animals so I turned around and came back home. I'm sure a lot of Maryville fans did the same thing. Seriously there was to much water on the roads and being rush hour traffic aren't a good mixture.

It’s clear here. Lots of Maryville and Oak Ridge fans actually. 

I thought OR did fairly well considering how good MHS is. The freshmen for OR looked pretty good, too.

Good work for both teams. 0 for MHS is a waterbug, kid is so quick he could turn out the light and still hit the bed before the light was all gone. Quick as Cool Papa Bell.

This is the best we have competed against Maryville in a scrimmage in a good long time.  I thought both teams got in a lot of  good work from freshman to varsity.  Maryville's starting D is as good as advertised.  Rebel running game is very very good.  Will be interesting to see if they can stretch the field, but they may not have to with the 2 running backs.

We are way ahead of things offensively from last year.  Our QBs missed some throws that they made against Fulton.  Pass protection was solid.  Running game was ok, but against Maryville's D, I thought they hung in there.  Penalties need to get cleaned up over the next 2 weeks.

Wildcat fans should be pleased with tonight and I hope it is something we continue to build on.  Good luck to Maryville on their season and thanks to both coaching staffs for organizing a great scrimmate.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SweetScience said:

We talking about the current frosh QB that came from Norris? Not sure what happened (I’ve heard conflicting reports), but whatever it was, it doesn’t sound very good on Gillum’s end.

Yeah, that kid.  A WR transferred with him that is going to be a stud too. 

10 hours ago, SweetScience said:

We talking about the current frosh QB that came from Norris? Not sure what happened (I’ve heard conflicting reports), but whatever it was, it doesn’t sound very good on Gillum’s end.

Sweet Wella what can I say. If I were to post everything the OR rumoured over years I would be here all year. I can tell you for a fact the Coach Gillum is quality. But if anyone is digging up roots your not going to find any at AC. Quality school , Quality Coach's and Quality Premier program. Your not going to find better in the Area not even at OR. So good luck with that one. AC has built a winning tradition and they pride themselves with doing a Great education. And I can stand by this.

17 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Sweet Wella what can I say. If I were to post everything the OR rumoured over years I would be here all year. I can tell you for a fact the Coach Gillum is quality. But if anyone is digging up roots your not going to find any at AC. Quality school , Quality Coach's and Quality Premier program. Your not going to find better in the Area not even at OR. So good luck with that one. AC has built a winning tradition and they pride themselves with doing a Great education. And I can stand by this.

MIF, I’m just going by hearsay. I meant no slight to Davey. Sorry if that post came across the wrong way. I’m definitely not one to gossip about folks, or try not to, at least.  I’m sure Coach G is a great fella. 

Edited by SweetScience

29 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

And what rumors have you heard about the Ridge?! I’m sure any of us could dig up any amount of dirt on any program if we tried hard enough. After all, we are dealing with humanity here, and we’re all a pretty sinful bunch, lol.

• Sad 1