Round 2: Smith County at White House

BDP2003

1 hour ago, BDP2003 said:

How does this one shake out? I believe McAfee and Blackburn will be too much for the Owls! BDP!

I would bet that his will be the biggest team up front that WH has faced. Not sure who will win this ( depends on which Owl team shows up) but I’m going SC by a touchdown

13 hours ago, Swarm said:

White House is quite a bit better IMO but I think it will still be close. White House seems to play very conservative with any kind of a lead. 

Hoping for a Waverly v White House quarterfinal. :thumb:

I just hope we’re not looking ahead to next week.  I don’t want smith to come in and sneak a win because we’re not focused.  I think they could very easily come in and beat us if we play like we did last week.  I got faith in coach Hamilton  though.  

The team I support has played both. Im very confident in saying Smith Co will win this one. White House has not seen a line like the one they will face friday if all those guys are healthy. They had a 6'9 310 lineman on the sideline hurt the night we played them. They arent just big trophies either. They can move and be physical.

Edited by Mr. Postman1

14 hours ago, Swarm said:

White House is quite a bit better IMO but I think it will still be close. White House seems to play very conservative with any kind of a lead. 

Me too! Waverly will have their hands full Friday night with East Nasty. Waverly has to play mistake free and continue to create turnovers on Defense and stop the explosive plays. I think Smith Co may give WH some problems. WH seems to have not played their best the last 2 weeks. If they don’t step it up Friday, Smith can win. If it works out and WH & Waverly match up, talk about an epic Quarter Final match up!

22 hours ago, Swarm said:

I think that QB for WH will be too much for Smith County defense.  Much like you, it will be close, but I think WH will just be too fast at the end for some of those SC kids.  Based on what I remember from WH and saw Friday night.

If Smith County doesn't let all of White House's pre-snap shifting cause them to melt down they will have a shot.  The strength of White House's team is #9 and #6 running the football.  Smith County is a big, physical football team that can match up with White House in the trenches.  #71 for Smith County can wreck an entire football game himself.  #33 and #7 are a nice combo of backs for the Owls offensively as well.  

One of these teams will probably make a big time play via the passing game and that would be the difference in the outcome of the game.  I could see a 21-14 type of game either way honestly.  

Both teams have proud traditions and are well coached.  It will be a throw back type of "1990s Football Game" which will center around dominant defense and running the football (for the most part).