Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

Congrats on a good football season.  Honestly don’t feel this was one of the most talented Tribe teams but they came to play this year. I hope the good people of Kingsport see now what a good HC they have in Christian. You all need to get behind him. No crazy Mayberry jokes and he doesn’t even have a Coach Watson like the coach before that had. Doesn’t get much better. Best HC you’ve had in decades. Get behind the guy. 
Next year’s team is promising. 

2 hours ago, Pudding said:

Congrats on a good football season.  Honestly don’t feel this was one of the most talented Tribe teams but they came to play this year. I hope the good people of Kingsport see now what a good HC they have in Christian. You all need to get behind him. No crazy Mayberry jokes and he doesn’t even have a Coach Watson like the coach before that had. Doesn’t get much better. Best HC you’ve had in decades. Get behind the guy. 
Next year’s team is promising. 

So far I like Christian as head coach and he's a good guy. But he will never be a great coach if he doesn't fill those holes in his staff and also get down in the little leagues/middle school and fix that mess. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What would be the definition of "success" for DB next year?      Before you answer you have to factor in the likely loss to Maryville in either the 1st or 2nd round, not being Negative Nellie but just trying to keep it real.        So would the goal be to get to 11-0 going into the Maryville 2nd round and give the Rebels a good game?           Or what if it is just an average record but DB beats Science Hill, would that define a successful season?

56 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

What would be the definition of "success" for DB next year?      Before you answer you have to factor in the likely loss to Maryville in either the 1st or 2nd round, not being Negative Nellie but just trying to keep it real.        So would the goal be to get to 11-0 going into the Maryville 2nd round and give the Rebels a good game?           Or what if it is just an average record but DB beats Science Hill, would that define a successful season?

If D-B gets to 11-0, the Maryville game wouldn't happen in the second round unless Maryville doesn't win the region.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Of course the goal should be 10-0 for regular season. I would think that would be every teams goal. I haven't seen DB's schedule for next year so I don't know how realistic 10-0 would be. And we don't know yet what kind of team DB will have. They have a lot of hard work to do in the off season if they expect to have anything close to a undefeated regular season. I know some people thought they did better than expected this year but those expectations were set pretty low to begin with. I don't think you could point to a single game this year and say they "looked good".  And if they don't fix the secondary it doesn't matter what else they do.  As for going up against Maryville, Again I'll say, If they don't fix the secondary it doesn't matter what else happens. 

14 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Of course the goal should be 10-0 for regular season. I would think that would be every teams goal. I haven't seen DB's schedule for next year so I don't know how realistic 10-0 would be. And we don't know yet what kind of team DB will have. They have a lot of hard work to do in the off season if they expect to have anything close to a undefeated regular season. I know some people thought they did better than expected this year but those expectations were set pretty low to begin with. I don't think you could point to a single game this year and say they "looked good".  And if they don't fix the secondary it doesn't matter what else they do.  As for going up against Maryville, Again I'll say, If they don't fix the secondary it doesn't matter what else happens. 

This was year 1 of the cycle, so I would assume the schedule next year would be the same as this with just home and away reveresed, so:

• Home vs. Tennessee High
  • Away at Volunteer
  • Home vs. Morristown East
  • Away at David Crockett
  • Away at West Ridge
  • Home vs. Greeneville
  • Away at Jefferson County
  • Home vs. William Blount
  • Home vs. Oak Ridge
  • Away at Science Hill

1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

This was year 1 of the cycle, so I would assume the schedule next year would be the same as this with just home and away reveresed, so:

• Home vs. Tennessee High
  • Away at Volunteer
  • Home vs. Morristown East
  • Away at David Crockett
  • Away at West Ridge
  • Home vs. Greeneville
  • Away at Jefferson County
  • Home vs. William Blount
  • Home vs. Oak Ridge
  • Away at Science Hill

I'd say no worse than 8-2. 

• Like 1