Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I hope only the best for these young men but I do know why Tennessee isn't on that list and has a lot to do with the level of competition their playing against on a regular basis. Why do you think Vaulton and Blankenship left to try and better their stock, unfortunately Covid and the crazy State Of California wrecked those boys plans but the seed was planted in their heads by Lane Kiffin.

If he's good enough yo be offered by those schools, then he's good enough to be at UT, doesn't matter what class he plays in. Ty Simpson signed with Alabama playing for 2A Westview

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MidTennFootball said:

If he's good enough yo be offered by those schools, then he's good enough to be at UT, doesn't matter what class he plays in. Ty Simpson signed with Alabama playing for 2A Westview

Ty Simpson's dad is head coach at UT Martin which I can bet you he has had training all his life that equals the Manning Boy's. I personally think he'll be in the transfer portal headed to another school once he see's Alabama open up the NIL money like Tennessee did last week with the QB from California for a tune of 8 Million over 3 years. The transfer portal has changed the game so much there will be less freshmen recruited to make room for the transfers. These kids have been to UT's camps and I will go no father than that other than I hope them the best.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Ty Simpson's dad is head coach at UT Martin which I can bet you he has had training all his life that equals the Manning Boy's. I personally think he'll be in the transfer portal headed to another school once he see's Alabama open up the NIL money like Tennessee did last week with the QB from California for a tune of 8 Million over 3 years. The transfer portal has changed the game so much there will be less freshmen recruited to make room for the transfers. These kids have been to UT's camps and I will go no father than that other than I hope them the best.

You act like UT is an elite program, I'd trust the opinions of programs like Oregon and Cincy at this point over UT. There are plenty opportunities for kids to get the same kind of training. 20 years ago talent of competition might have played a factor, but no longer. Transfers are just a band aid you can't run a program that way over the long term, recruiting at the HS level will always be top priority

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

You act like UT is an elite program, I'd trust the opinions of programs like Oregon and Cincy at this point over UT. There are plenty opportunities for kids to get the same kind of training. 20 years ago talent of competition might have played a factor, but no longer. Transfers are just a band aid you can't run a program that way over the long term, recruiting at the HS level will always be top priority

.....you're trying to communicate to a murvul fan that still believes in the "glory days". :lol: 

They have their nose so far in the air....if said player did not play at "their" school they ain't no count. 

But, your words are spot on. this, and Alcoa players typical have no desire to play down the street at UT.

55 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

.....you're trying to communicate to a murvul fan that still believes in the "glory days". :lol: 

They have their nose so far in the air....if said player did not play at "their" school they ain't no count. 

But, your words are spot on. this, and Alcoa players typical have no desire to play down the street at UT.

Then why did they go to UT's camp then last year, to get a free T shirt.

19 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Tennessee has a great coach in Josh Heupel now. What he did last season was amazing.  Tennessee lost 40 kids  to Transfer Portal. He inherited a mess. I see better days ahead for Tennessee 

First,I agree that with what coach had to face last year,it was a great job.I truly hope the Vols can get back to being a contender again in the next few years .I have long ago took off my orange shades ( after the 1998 season and championship ) and see things a lot more as they are . Football takes a great system and time to build from where Tennessee is starting and I believe Josh at least earned the right to be given a few more years to recruit and see how it works out . I remember myself and BVD meeting coach Fulmer not long after he took over that job and what he said to me . I said him signing my old UT ball cap would make it worth a lot more. He smiled and said I'd probably want to burn it one of these days . I've never wanted to burn it but BVD did burn a bunch of another UT coaches stuff later on,guy named Kiffin....

• 2 weeks later...