Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

18 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Who will be D Coordinator? 

Who will DB pick up in the transfer portal? I know we loose one starter in the portal, who would have been an all-region D-Back for sure.  

May 25 for start of spring football

I heard Gaines will be DC, but no confirmation from the team in any way publicly. 

Looking over the schedule, the 1st 4 games will be slam dunks for DB (vs. Tenn High, Volunteer, Mo East, Crockett).      If DB wins each game by anything less than 20 points I will be shocked.      The 5th game is against West Ridge, and while I am really pulling for the Wolves to build up a good competitive program I do not see any way they can hang with DB.     So folks you read it here first, DB starts the season 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 in 6A.     But then comes the 2nd half of the season..... I see definite losses to Greeneville (6th game) and Science Hill (10th game).    The rest of the games are certainly winnable against Jeff Co, William Blount and Oak Ridge.      OR is going to be an unknown quantity at this point, they always seem to get after DB and vice versa, but with new coaching it is really hard to know what the Wildcats will be like.      So for DB, something like 8-2 is pretty realistic but the worst you can do is 7-3.          And don't scoff at that record, we at Boone would kill for a season like that and a lot of other schools would too.     Best of luck and we'll chat more as the season unfolds...

Well, I do not think this DB team will be as good as the Zane Whitson led Indians, but this will be a pretty good football team.

No expectations at all of getting past the Red Rebels... but, I do believe DB will beat Greeneville this year...they just have lost too many senior leaders and playmakers ,that's just my opinion. DB for sure can beat OR...again. New coach or not, they are not Oak Ridge anymore. I expect, with this schedule not being very tough, DB is 9-1 or 10-0 at end or regular season. 

Right now... it's a long way to August and the transfer portal is open..right?

2 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

Well, I do not think this DB team will be as good as the Zane Whitson led Indians, but this will be a pretty good football team.

No expectations at all of getting past the Red Rebels... but, I do believe DB will beat Greeneville this year...they just have lost too many senior leaders and playmakers ,that's just my opinion. DB for sure can beat OR...again. New coach or not, they are not Oak Ridge anymore. I expect, with this schedule not being very tough, DB is 9-1 or 10-0 at end or regular season. 

Right now... it's a long way to August and the transfer portal is open..right?

I wish you the best against Greeneville, but history shows another Devil's win.   Greeneville has won the last few 35-7 (2021), 43-3 (2018) and 35-21 (2017).    DB has not been close and unless Greeneville has driven off a cliff I don't see this game being any different.   However, the other games are certainly winnable.... Well, Science Hill has owned DB the last 10 years so I would not count a win against the Toppers either.    Best of luck

Confirmation on Teddy Gains as the Defensive Coordinator. There will be another coach hired, but no hire yet.

That is a fantastic pick by the Indians to put Gains in that DC position. A former DB Football and Track superstar, a former 4 year starter for the Vols and he is highly energetic on the sidelines...the Players seem to really take to his Coaching and he made a huge difference on the Defensive Backfield over the last 3 season. 

On 4/22/2022 at 11:04 AM, LINEDAD said:

Confirmation on Teddy Gains as the Defensive Coordinator. There will be another coach hired, but no hire yet.

That is a fantastic pick by the Indians to put Gains in that DC position. A former DB Football and Track superstar, a former 4 year starter for the Vols and he is highly energetic on the sidelines...the Players seem to really take to his Coaching and he made a huge difference on the Defensive Backfield over the last 3 season. 

That post right there is called being loyal to a fault and kicking your football knowledge to the curb. 

On 2/9/2022 at 8:18 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

I think DB ended the season last year with the record most had predicted. But I think they played better for the most part than most thought they would.  Take away that loss to Jefferson Co. that is. I'll put that one on the staff for not having them ready and in the right frame of mind. And they did keep it close for a half at Maryville.  As for next season It's going to depend on how hard they work in the off season, weight room etc. I think they need to ditch the 2 quarterback  system  considering that has never worked well at any time during the history of mankind. Decide on a QB and go with it. By the way I think I remember someone saying the upcoming soph. QB would pass them both up and become the starter? Interesting. I'm going to go out on a limb and say DB will beat Science Hill this year and play Greeneville a close game. 9-1 regular season. But we're all guessing right?

Soph QB was never going to take a meaningful snap. He moved to receiver

• 2 weeks later...

How did the Tribe look in the spring . I talked to a SH fan yesterday and he isn't very fired up with the upcoming season for his team . Waco might be right on the DB vs SH game if the Toppers are down like their fan said.However, I've seen a lot of crazy games between those two and you never know when it comes to a rivalry game. He said their game with the Rebels would be ugly and I said Maryville doesn't run the score up unless you do something stupid  .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...