Official Dobyns-Bennett 2022 Offseason Thread

DBKPT93

Some good reading and yes it's all just speculation at this point. I didn't see what GS wrote .I was however talking about another Sensabaugh the other day at work.The great game Chris had at Oak Ridge back in 2008. One of my son's ran into Teddy Gaines a few days back and said he was just as kind and nice as ever.I hope the Tribe just stays healthy and gels at playoff time this year. 

15 minutes ago, BatmanDB said:

Some good reading and yes it's all just speculation at this point. I didn't see what GS wrote .I was however talking about another Sensabaugh the other day at work.The great game Chris had at Oak Ridge back in 2008. One of my son's ran into Teddy Gaines a few days back and said he was just as kind and nice as ever.I hope the Tribe just stays healthy and gels at playoff time this year. 

If I remember correctly it was against Oak Ridge in 2007 when Chris Sensabaugh first took the field as a freshman. Played like a beast. I remember him driving three Oak Ridge players from the 5 yrd. line all the way into the end zone to score. Or I might of dreamed that. It's been a while.

17 hours ago, blazer1set said:

2022:

Aug. 19     Tennessee High
Aug. 26     @ Volunteer
Sep. 2     Morristown East
Sep. 9     @ David Crockett
Sep. 16     @ West Ridge
Sep. 23     Greeneville
Sep. 30     @ Jefferson County
Oct. 14     William Blount
Oct. 21     Oak Ridge
Oct. 28     @ Science Hill

Tennessee High thru West Ridge are relatively easy wins, I would be surprised if any of those teams is closer than 20 points.      DB will be 5-0 and ranked in the top 10 in 6A.      But then comes Greeneville....     Oak Ridge and Science Hill will be iffy, so 8-2 is not unreasonable.

All of these are Fridays.  So, the opponents are in the correct order but, since the TSSAA has mandated everyone has to play at least one Thursday game, one of these game dates will change.

11 hours ago, TribalEmpire said:

What's he spouting off at the mouth about now?

Well I don't know all the details but apparently his son's basketball uniform wasn't returned so the school billed him for it. Which he took great offense to. Took his Jaguars jersey that had been on display at the school and hit the road. I think there must be something bigger at play besides being charged for a uniform. When the thing was going on at David Crockett I was supporting him because I thought he was in the right. But as that fiasco played out it turned in the other direction. I kinda' think both parties were equally at fault. As far as I know Sensabaugh has done a good job with the youth promoting sports in Kingsport. Something that nobody else was doing with success. But I guess theres another side that was a problem.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Well I don't know all the details but apparently his son's basketball uniform wasn't returned so the school billed him for it. Which he took great offense to. Took his Jaguars jersey that had been on display at the school and hit the road. I think there must be something bigger at play besides being charged for a uniform. When the thing was going on at David Crockett I was supporting him because I thought he was in the right. But as that fiasco played out it turned in the other direction. I kinda' think both parties were equally at fault. As far as I know Sensabaugh has done a good job with the youth promoting sports in Kingsport. Something that nobody else was doing with success. But I guess theres another side that was a problem.

Somebody showed me that FB rant, it made me think there was something going on in the GOB network, but that's just a guess

12 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

He had a take right after Christmas on the Hood girl transferring to West Ridge and how we apparently mistreated her or something.  The post was vague as to what exactly led to the young lady transferring.  I just know, her transferring is really hurting our girls now and helping West Ridge significantly. So, that is one thing I have agreed with him on, but the rest of the stuff he has posted over the years has been dumpster fire material.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Somebody showed me that FB rant, it made me think there was something going on in the GOB network, but that's just a guess

I'd say that's a good guess. Maybe Sensabaugh was teaching the younger kids how to play pass defense and not to commit personal fouls. I could see the GOB's getting ticked off about that. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I'd say that's a good guess. Maybe Sensabaugh was teaching the younger kids how to play pass defense and not to commit personal fouls. I could see the GOB's getting ticked off about that. 

His sense of entitlement is insane. Even his posts on facebook that aren't about football he just expects everyone to listen to everything he says since he is a former NFL player. His latest qualms were about the basketball jersey and that a student worker brought the bill to his kid. DB has had student workers since I went to school there and always delivered notes and I myself received a bill from a fellow student in 1986 for an overdue book that I forgot to turn in that they were charging me for... He always seems to want special treatment. He says since his son was kicked off the basketball team and he announced that he was transferring to Knox Catholic for football that its ridiculous that no coaches have spoken to him. When you show your rear end like you did at that Greeneville basketball game and then actively quit football generally people stop reaching out to you... Maybe I am crazy, but that doesn't seem very newsworthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/18/2022 at 3:56 PM, DBKPT93 said:

His sense of entitlement is insane. Even his posts on facebook that aren't about football he just expects everyone to listen to everything he says since he is a former NFL player. His latest qualms were about the basketball jersey and that a student worker brought the bill to his kid. DB has had student workers since I went to school there and always delivered notes and I myself received a bill from a fellow student in 1986 for an overdue book that I forgot to turn in that they were charging me for... He always seems to want special treatment. He says since his son was kicked off the basketball team and he announced that he was transferring to Knox Catholic for football that its ridiculous that no coaches have spoken to him. When you show your rear end like you did at that Greeneville basketball game and then actively quit football generally people stop reaching out to you... Maybe I am crazy, but that doesn't seem very newsworthy.

Back during his fiasco @ David Crockett I initially thought he had some good points, but then as things began to unravel.... yeah, what you said above!

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Back during his fiasco @ David Crockett I initially thought he had some good points, but then as things began to unravel.... yeah, what you said above!

Just my opinion, I think Sensabaugh is just passionate about what he does. But sometimes to passionate, and sometimes over the top passionate. I think at David Crockett there was a lot of swelled egos that all came together and clashed. Sensabaugh was right about what he wanted to get done there but when he started trying to force the school board/county and school officals to up grade the facilities the GOB's didn't like that. But he shouldn't have to do that in the first place. The school board should of already taken care of the problems. I think a lot of people are waking up to what is going on in school boards all across the country. As for the thing at Greeneville, yeah that was handled badly. I would hope if he could take that one back he would. You see a lot of that in the youth leagues. Parents coaching from the bleachers. Shouldn't happen anywhere. I really hate to see things falling apart. Like him or not, I think Sensabaugh was filling a big void in this area. Teaching the youth to become better athletes. I don't have a problem with a big ego person as long as their right. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...