Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

6 hours ago, Shadroach said:

Loose lips sink ships and It's who ya trusted that gotcha busted but The Roach was informed from two sources there have been 2 private meetings behind the scenes very recently. First one a sort of informal "what's on your mind' the second meeting a few trusted members of The Blount County Who's Who were in attendance. Just thinking out loud but I'd venture a guess things will get interesting shortly.

Vintage Retro Business - Free image on Pixabay

Roach Bomb!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

Until WB and Heritage can stop losing potential players to Maryville and Alcoa each year, they can't look forward to being very good, I once asked a Heritage Coach how many more he would have if that didn't happen and he said about 8 starters. 

Kids don’t want to play for Heritage and WB for a variety of reasons. Some of it is self-inflicted on Heritage and WB’s part. Some of it isn’t and that’s a whole other long conversation. They aren’t having success in football even when they’re supposed to (like WB in 2021). Unlike Heritage, William Blount actually has the potential to be a .500 playoff contender year in and year out and the person over the team right now is, to put it nicely, not getting the job done. 

Edited by OrangePylon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 11/19/2021 at 9:08 AM, Shadroach said:

Loose lips sink ships and It's who ya trusted that gotcha busted but The Roach was informed from two sources there have been 2 private meetings behind the scenes very recently. First one a sort of informal "what's on your mind' the second meeting a few trusted members of The Blount County Who's Who were in attendance. Just thinking out loud but I'd venture a guess things will get interesting shortly.

Vintage Retro Business - Free image on Pixabay

The New Word of the Day at William Blount is "Taco".

Shad ask today who is having these private meetings to Taco about me.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Could be some have waken up and realized after going 1-9 and losing to HVA this program is in deep deep trouble. When the Eagleton program comes into play a few years from now those players feeding it will mostly come from Heritage and a few from William Blount as well. Don't care how many classes Heritage will drop because a 25 man football team will go 0-10  in any class 4A and up which could eventually see football end at a school with over 1,200 students. Don't worry because William Blount is on the same trail but only two years back. This crap has went on now for 14 years at WB. When WB hired Shad it was in the middle of a lot of controversy but they went on and done it anyway. It would be the same as Blount Memorial Hospital hiring Rittenhouse as a nurse three weeks ago. Before WB hits an iceberg straight ahead like Heritage did there may and I mean may have a chance to steer clear but if not game over. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/19/2021 at 5:03 PM, Cactus Jack said:

Until WB and Heritage can stop losing potential players to Maryville and Alcoa each year, they can't look forward to being very good, I once asked a Heritage Coach how many more he would have if that didn't happen and he said about 8 starters. 

......and completely waste their talent. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Could be some have waken up and realized after going 1-9 and losing to HVA this program is in deep deep trouble. When the Eagleton program comes into play a few years from now those players feeding it will mostly come from Heritage and a few from William Blount as well. Don't care how many classes Heritage will drop because a 25 man football team will go 0-10  in any class 4A and up which could eventually see football end at a school with over 1,200 students. Don't worry because William Blount is on the same trail but only two years back. This crap has went on now for 14 years at WB. When WB hired Shad it was in the middle of a lot of controversy but they went on and done it anyway. It would be the same as Blount Memorial Hospital hiring Rittenhouse as a nurse three weeks ago. Before WB hits an iceberg straight ahead like Heritage did there may and I mean may have a chance to steer clear but if not game over. 

Would love to hear your thoughts on who should replace Shadowens? Oh wait, what coach is going to try and take over a program that seems like it has no upside. That everyone says is a dead end road like.

Us at the news station know some QUALITY coaches on staff currently, who would be better for the job. :roflol:

We all know @Shadroachwould apply for it along with @CrossStateTraveler, maybe @HasShadBeenFiredYet.  That AD would have tons of applicants for this prestigious place. 

11 minutes ago, Pinocchio007 said:

Would love to hear your thoughts on who should replace Shadowens? Oh wait, what coach is going to try and take over a program that seems like it has no upside. That everyone says is a dead end road like.

Us at the news station know some QUALITY coaches on staff currently, who would be better for the job. :roflol:

We all know @Shadroachwould apply for it along with @CrossStateTraveler, maybe @HasShadBeenFiredYet.  That AD would have tons of applicants for this prestigious place. 

William Blount hasn't bottomed out just quiet yet but my friend the boat is taking on a lot of water especially when the captain decides to vacate during the fall break which should show anyone somebody is taking care of himself first. The first time I heard that I though somebody was pulling my leg but sure enough it was true. Then who in their right mind takes a pretty good middle school program left by Rick Young and Shad puts his defensive back coach on the high school staff to do two things. You know what's funny, the middle school only won one game and you want to know what's even funnier, the game they won the head coach wasn't there and the game was coached by the assistants. When Maryville played HVA I really thought this may be the second worst team to Heritage in the whole wide state in 6A and then here comes Shad saying here hold my beer and watch this and gets beat. WB drops Maryville and decided to go an easier route playing lesser competition expecting to really pull off at least 7 wins and ended up winning one. Those last two things would have ended 95% of most coaches job around here but not William Blount because it's a county school and they don't care.  In all honesty I don't want to see William Blount football team get put through this because I have plenty of friends that have boy's that play and I sure want the best for them. I say get somebody young that is a leader and get this program out of the quicksand it's stepped into before it's to late.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3