Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

11 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Right now there are 7 elementary schools that feed into William Blount and guess how many midget league teams come from those 7 schools, none. A real hustler would have two and possibly three teams formed and going and spending as much time possible to make sure it does. That's your future right there and one of the past coaches bad mistake for letting happen. 2,700 kids go to those 7 schools and you can't get a youth league team started but their having to go to Maryville and Alcoa and guess where their going to stay once they get there.

What about Lanier, Friendsville, Fairview Panthers, and the Westside Raiders? I bet Alnwick and Bungalow would field a team. Team meeting at Bungalow Elementary School to gauge interest!

31 minutes ago, fredjones said:

What are you Blount County folks going to do without Shad to kick around anymore?  We won't have any enjoyment anymore!!

Oh believe me this has been going on long before Shad showed up. They'll reach into their bag of cost saving prospective coaching candidates and jump out of the oven right into the frying pan. Long as Blountardia is ran by that Santa Clause look a like and the people under him keep acting like sheep this will only get worse. Please somebody out there change my mind.

10 minutes ago, Solomon said:

I just don't see it. Not on the scale to make a competitive 6A program anyway.

Well…when u put it that way?!? Lol

Blount County is growing all over, but especially that side of town. That’s a BIG plus. The proximity to alco and murvil is mostly negative I guess from the standpoint of recruiting, but incredible success at those schools demonstrate the interest in the community. Some kids come from Knoxville or further away, but most of the kids on those successful teams are local. 

You’re right, WB is a LONG way from being competitive in 6A, but I honestly believe it is doable even if the hole has gotten deeper.