Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

4 hours ago, HTV said:

There are more private schools in Knox County that Catholic.  

That is why I use the word if my friend! And the only reason I made comment is because I've had texts and calls asking me if they thought he would be interested in the job.

Edited by orngnblk
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

That is why I use the word if my friend! And the only reason I made comment is because I've had texts and calls asking me if they thought he would be interested in the job.

Any chance Bill Satterfield has any gas left in the tank to go to WB and get that mess off the ground to hand to someone else in the long run. Not sure what age he is. I saw a picture of him as a Vonore coach back in 1980 and he looked like a very young man at the time.

Edited by BarneySox2007

16 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Any chance Bill Satterfield has any gas left in the tank to go to WB and get that mess off the ground to hand to someone else in the long run. Not sure what age he is. I saw a picture of him as a Vonore coach back in 1980 and he looked like a very young man at the time.

He wanted the GB job but our UT grad Principal said no one with GB ties would get the job and we end up with what we have now.SMH!

16 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

He wanted the GB job but our UT grad Principal said no one with GB ties would get the job and we end up with what we have now.SMH!

If I were the WB people in charge of hiring I would explore that route before handing that job to another risky applicant or even on staff. Bill could get things running again while a younger successor was on staff being groomed to take over one day. Not going to be a job for someone that hasn't had the experience of walking into a natural disaster and trying to restore order.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I want to address the myth that Meadows just had so much more talent because that is one of the myths that allows the program to continue wallowing in excuses. I remember when Meadows was the coach. The culture was better. 

The press box expansion was done during Meadow's tenure. A lot of people were all pulling in the same direction back then. I hope they make a good hire. 

I think I speak for a lot of William Blount fans when I say, I just want excitement. And I want the players to get to experience it too. I want a good offense and a team that plays hard and can win some games (preferably more than 4). I don’t expect to beat teams like Maryville but I want to be able to brag occasionally about some wins instead of being ashamed like I felt when we lost to HVA and Mo East this past year. 

• Upvote 1