Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

5 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I just hope whoever it is brings a corny gimmick like a trashcan or a turnover chain with them. That would be so WB to do something to embarrass ourselves even more when we are already the laughing stock of 6A football in East Tennessee.

No one makes fun (or light) of UGA's gimmick.  As long a you win, it's not a gimmick and no one makes fun of it.

https://www.redandblack.com/sports/football/georgia-defense-rewarded-with-spiked-shoulder-pads-after-forcing-turnovers/article_cbf96084-97e3-11e7-b1f2-8f9911777d69.html

Edited by OldRebel2

4 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I just hope whoever it is brings a corny gimmick like a trashcan or a turnover chain with them. That would be so WB to do something to embarrass ourselves even more when we are already the laughing stock of 6A football in East Tennessee.

https://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/alcoas-kings-of-chaos-chair-serves-as-extra-motivation-for-vaunted-defense/article_ca215706-466b-5bc7-8d2e-10985fc75bc8.html

6196d89e6b915.image.jpg?resize=1396,1041

7 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

After his crappy year at Arkansas State Butch Jones may be available.  He can bring the trash can directly with him.  

Or was that Jeremy Pruitt?  He's not busy these days, either.  

On 1/20/2022 at 3:32 PM, orngnblk said:

You have no idea!Not to be ugly but WB would have a hard time winning 1 or 2 games and I'm being serious.You should see the kids from WB who are starters that show up each summer trying to figure something out.This rule is crippling to our team every 5 or 6 years.Property is just too high to up and move for some folks.Also hard to find now.

That would probably change if they would make the right hire instead of looking for a miracle maker.

Dont mean to high jack just conversing!

Lot of truth in this post

25 minutes ago, IncognitoCamper said:

This situation has taken an interesting turn the last 48 hours. William Blount fans better hope the administration hadn’t already made up their mind before yesterday.

The last time they told the guy it was pretty much his job and along come Shad, so we going to get the same thing again. This is why the WB thread is so fun because the drama never ends. This place deserves it on sitcom tv show for everyone to enjoy, not just Coach T posters.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, IncognitoCamper said:

This situation has taken an interesting turn the last 48 hours. William Blount fans better hope the administration hadn’t already made up their mind before yesterday.

If you are saying what I think you’re saying, he is overqualified.. Lol

Edited by OrangePylon

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Maybe it takes looking through two applications longer than we think, remember they got to get it right this time.

In not as “in” as I once was, but I still am privy to a few things. Within a week after job was posted, 10+ applications had been received.