Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

3 hours ago, IncognitoCamper said:

This situation has taken an interesting turn the last 48 hours. William Blount fans better hope the administration hadn’t already made up their mind before yesterday.

The "mystery candidate", if that is even accurate, makes zero sense.  He would be gone as soon as he's offered another college job, and the WB administration would be right back where it is now.  

Edited by HTV

3 minutes ago, HTV said:

The "mystery candidate", if that is even accurate, makes zero sense.  He would be gone as soon as he's offered another college job, and the WB administration would be right back where it is now.  

Thier eyes are focused on the carrot not the bucket of crap that it's sticking in. Like the last carrot, they got it's mess all over them.

1 hour ago, OrangePylon said:

I’m not sure how much worse it could possibly get — have you watched William Blount football the past decade? The Admin being right back where they are now if he leaves isn’t an excuse for William Blount, a team that just went 1-9.  

I have. and that's my point.  

Hiring somebody that you know is using the job as a temporary stop gap isn't going to do anything other than keep that cycle going for sure.  Hire somebody with at least the intentions of staying for a while is the better route.  

You hired a "name" with a ring the last time.  Where has that gotten the program?  

4 minutes ago, strongx said:

That AD in LA ain’t no dummy. Don’t be shocked if they name both a Head Coach and an Asst Head Coach to address the possibility of someone just using the job as a stepping stone. #sleepinggiant

But if you have to do that to hedge your bets, then you have to have a strong suspicion that the guy you are naming "head coach" isn't looking long term, but rather looking for his short term pay check because he hasn't gotten another college job  And if you look at the positions he coached in college, then maybe he's not all that great a football coach, especially if he hasn't been able to get another college job yet?    Maybe that's not the best way to go?  

9 minutes ago, OrangePylon said:

I get what you’re saying, I just don’t know how you can turn down a guy who does clinics all around the country and is known by several football coaches to be one of the best offensive minds around this area. The dude had one of the best offenses in JUCO at one of his head coaching stops. I doubt he would be here for very long either, but it’s worth a shot in my opinion.  

So playing devil's advocate, if he is busy doing all of those things, is his high school job going to be his priority, or will those things be his pirority?  

Obviously I never have been one myself, so I have to go by what the guys I have known for years who actually have been tell me:  Being a high school head football coach is a full time job and then some.  That's why it is going to be interesting to see how the Bearden experiment works out with a guy who has his hands in so many other things, too.