Fast Times at William Blount High

BarneySox2007

Well all jokes aside I'm sure the folks that call the shots wanted to move on and pretty much had their man picked going into this. I am glad to see someone who will be all in and everyone likes that I've heard talk about him as to pick someone just needing a place to hang their hat until the next best job opens up. I also like the fact he has been a head coach before at Karns so he knows what to do. Not surprised Shad stepped down especially after those season ending defeats to Mo East and losing the Laughing Stock Bowl Game over at HVA. Time for some new fresh ideas and a new chapter.

I don't really know much about the new coach....but I wish him the best of luck in getting things turned around at WB.  I have always said there are some great folks in admin at WB that have always went beyond their call to help kids in the community in ways the public will never see or know about.  They deserve to see the football program take a turn in the right direction and I hope Coach Reeves is able to accomplish this!!

16 hours ago, GovMan said:

Happy for Robert. He’s a good man. No one will love WB any more than him. No one will love the kids any better either. And I promise you he will be “all in” with the program.  It would poetic justice for Coach Reeves to succeed and do well. He’s put in his time.

Coach Reeves came to the youth football meeting last week.  He is already taking steps to rekindle the WBHS youth feeder program and that's a really  good thing for WBHS and the Blount County youth.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jake said:

I don't really know much about the new coach....but I wish him the best of luck in getting things turned around at WB.  I have always said there are some great folks in admin at WB that have always went beyond their call to help kids in the community in ways the public will never see or know about.  They deserve to see the football program take a turn in the right direction and I hope Coach Reeves is able to accomplish this!!

I've given WB a hassle with the last 2 hires,I knew Ridge was a bust and thought Shad got special recognition over the last applicants.But I agree Jake I wish them well and am glad a guy got it who loves WB football!