District 7-AA

ecu

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ecu said:

Community nullified that win with loss to GC .

I was there last night. You could tell that the back to back district game was a factor. Community looked fatigued and missed a ton of easy shots. Had an 8 point lead twice and just couldn’t finish. Grundy made some amazing shots and got some stops in the 4th quarter when they needed it. Having seen all 4 teams I would say Cascade has the edge for the 1 seed, Community 2 with Grundy a very close 3 and then Forrest who I think on any night could beat anyone. Those 4 teams are a lot closer than expected. 
I was amazed Community would be this competitive with all the talent they graduated over the last 2 years. Their freshman point guard is going to be really good in the future. Should be a fun district tourney. Any word where it is being played and the region tourney? 

On 1/29/2022 at 8:18 AM, ecu said:

Cascade wins revenge match-up easily this time against Community. Forrest with impressive win at Grundy.

Big win for Forrest sweeping Grundy for sure. I wouldn't say the Cascade win was easy. Community had a bad quarter of offense and rest of game was pretty even. The atmosphere was awesome. There were times I couldn't hear my grandson sitting right beside me but I am pretty old though. Nice having those 2 schools back in the same district you could feel the intensity in the stands. Hoping to get over to see Forrest and Community tonight but it's pretty cold out may have to be an online hoops night. Cascade can wrap up the 1 seed with a win tonight as can Community the 2 seed with a win. Not sure it matters much in  a 4 team district though. Not really a fan of passing teams along to the region like that. Seems you could get some pretty bad teams advancing kinda like football. Looking forward to the district tourney ..do they know where it will be or is it satellite? 

20 hours ago, Observation said:

Big win for Forrest sweeping Grundy for sure. I wouldn't say the Cascade win was easy. Community had a bad quarter of offense and rest of game was pretty even. The atmosphere was awesome. There were times I couldn't hear my grandson sitting right beside me but I am pretty old though. Nice having those 2 schools back in the same district you could feel the intensity in the stands. Hoping to get over to see Forrest and Community tonight but it's pretty cold out may have to be an online hoops night. Cascade can wrap up the 1 seed with a win tonight as can Community the 2 seed with a win. Not sure it matters much in  a 4 team district though. Not really a fan of passing teams along to the region like that. Seems you could get some pretty bad teams advancing kinda like football. Looking forward to the district tourney ..do they know where it will be or is it satellite? 

Able to get out to Cascade last night for a very good high school game. Grundy County played tough all night and Cascade pulled out the win to clinch the 1 seed. 5 and 12 for Cascade are solid high school players. Very fun to watch you can tell they have played together for a while. Was able to peek in on Community and Forrest online some. Community pretty much handled them from start to finish. 1 for Community may be the best pure shooter I have seen in a long time. A friend of mine said he and his brother who I believe is a freshmen combined for 44 last night. Community is the 2 seed with Forest 3 and Grundy 4. Should be a fun district tourney for sure on the boys side. The girls is pretty one sided. Good luck to all teams and so thankful we have made it this far with no stoppages. The fans are very thankful as I am sure the players are. 

On 2/5/2022 at 9:19 AM, Observation said:

Able to get out to Cascade last night for a very good high school game. Grundy County played tough all night and Cascade pulled out the win to clinch the 1 seed. 5 and 12 for Cascade are solid high school players. Very fun to watch you can tell they have played together for a while. Was able to peek in on Community and Forrest online some. Community pretty much handled them from start to finish. 1 for Community may be the best pure shooter I have seen in a long time. A friend of mine said he and his brother who I believe is a freshmen combined for 44 last night. Community is the 2 seed with Forest 3 and Grundy 4. Should be a fun district tourney for sure on the boys side. The girls is pretty one sided. Good luck to all teams and so thankful we have made it this far with no stoppages. The fans are very thankful as I am sure the players are. 

Cascade and Community in championship.

• 3 weeks later...