Northeast Job open

dlineguy

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, thefootballguru said:

Yeah from my understanding the school system doesn't want to be responsible for any cost the associated with the middle school youth sports.

I feel for the players of any team done that way. Other teams are playing chess while they’re still playing candy land.  

Clarksville does not really care about sports and it shows. The only schools that they care about a little is Rossview and Clarksville High. Central has their own community across the river that supports them. Admin and everyone else don’t really support north side schools. 

I would think that two or three north side schools will have new football coaches next year. Of course NE and probably WC and maybe NW. I guess we shall see. 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:01 AM, MidTennFootball said:

Probably can say the same about most schools in Montgomery County

Sliding in here to add my 2 cents.

Former football coach from the CMCSS district.  Great town, great people, lots of food, close to Nashville..

Admin's who work in the school have 2 jobs:  Get rid of teachers and get a better job at the Central Office or another system.

Teachers are just doing their best.  The one year I was there, we had 60 teachers and half were out of there after the year was done.

County does not care about sports, just window dressing.  At the time I was there, there weren't even middle school teams for football sponsored by the schools.  The one year I was there, we made it to the playoffs for the first time and the day after we lost to the eventual state champs, our head coach was fired.  "Take the team in a different directions."  Pretty good since they've never gone to the playoffs since, so that worked out well.  I think they've had 5 or 6 different head principals since then.

Political, they care about test scores, and it's sad because the athletes in every corner of the county are pretty dang good.

Cheers.